Thread: Greenville might hit the news today

Greenville might hit the news today

I understand that over 40 media outlets have requested space outside the BiLo Center today to cover the Dixie Chicks opening concert of their US tour, which is here tonight. Let's see, the Dixie Chicks are here, with their opening act, Joan Osborne, Kevin Costner is in town playing golf in the BMW charity event at Cliffs of Glassy Mountain, along with a number of other golfers. I think that there will be hundreds of protesters outside the BiLo Center today and tonight. And then there's the alternative concert in Spartanburg that I told you about before. That's where Scott and I will be. Helen is going with my friend, Sherry, and her husband and son to the Dixie Chicks. My favorite Christian Rock band, Mercy Me, will be at Furman University tonight as well. We'll be stomping our feet to Marshall Tucker and joining in at the patriotic ceremonies there.

What I hope doesn't happen might happen. This stupid County Council has refused to grant a Martin Luther King holiday and there are many who are very upset about that. The State of SC recognizes the holiday, the Federal Government recognizes the holiday, but in this town, they won't. Jesse Jackson and his entourage were here every week for months trying to force it, which is why I think the council voted it down. I imagine if we have national coverage about the Dixie Chicks, that ugly story will rear it's head too. Even if the decision wasn't racially motivated, it looks like it is. I'm afraid our publicity might not be very positive.

Stay tuned, you might hear about us sometime today or tonight on your news! I just hope people will keep it clean.

Logan

I just hope that nothing gets out of hand and everyone is safe!

Any violence over a Dixie Chicks concert is a real stretch for my mind!

I hope all goes smoothly. Have a good time at Marshall Tucker...I'm jealous.

Let us know how everything turns out...or maybe I'll just watch the news!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

And on top of all that, last night Larry King had a "caller" from Greenville! Now you're really "on the map!"

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    And on top of all that, last night Larry King had a "caller" from Greenville! Now you're really "on the map!"

in my best Larry king voice....

"greenville, you're on the air!"

let's hope that everyone remains civil.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    SANDRA I SAW THAT TOO AND WAS THINKING.... COULD THAT BE LOGAN? LOL! ONCE THE CALLER STARTED TALKING I EXHALED, BUT I THOUGHT MAYBE LOGAN MIGHT BE MAKING HER TV DEBUT!

I'm not sure if it was our local news or the World news, but they were talking about Greenville already with tonight being the 1st Dixie Chicks concert since "the statement"

Hope everything goes smoothly!

It was on our evening news in L.A. and they were even interviewing people from Greeville. I kept looking for Logan or Helen................once again the media will take it and run the heck out of it...........(hoping there is trouble).

The media was disappointed I'm sure!!!

Thought I'd let you know that both concerts were huge successes!! Hardly any protesters at the Dixie Chicks and although there were some empty seats, there weren't many and Helen had a great time. My friend told me that the audience was very well behaved, although they all hated Joan Osborne (is this Ozzy's daughter?). They said it was a phenominal concert.

Ours was very patriotic and they raised over $100,000 for SC Military families. Feed the Children will be going to Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, SC to deliver several truckloads of food and household goods to families there. It was a good cause, and the music was good too! I'm not a huge Marshall Tucker fan by any stretch of the imagination, but they were good, as were the two acts before them. I think we should be on the look out for this new group, Shiloh, sort of a country "boy" band, but boy were they cute and very talented!

Hope you all have a happy Friday! We are sleepy, but happy.

Glad that it all went off without a hitch. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Glad to hear everyone had fun, and that everything went off without any chaos.
    No, Joan Osbourne is not Ozzy's daughter.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Geez, Greenville was even in the ND paper today!!!!

Originally posted by Logan

Joan Osborne (is this Ozzy's daughter?).

Wow! alot going on in one night! glad to hear everything went well.

and no, Joan Osborne is not related to Ozzy at all.
    I think she was the one that had the song several years ago "What if God Was One of Us?". It used to be one the radio all the time.
    I'm not sure if I'm correct about that, but I think that's her.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!