Just got back from the orientation at our Arizona Animal Welfare League. It went really well. We had a room full of people so there are a lot of caring volunteers out there YAY! I think I have decided that I would like to work with the training and behavioral part of the shelter. I am bad at it and they will train us on how to do things so it will really help me work with my dogs better. Plus, they gave some examples of dogs with issues and how they rehibilitated them so they were adoptable. I love that! I would feel so good if I helped rehibilitate an animal that might seem hopeless to others.

This shelter doesn't take dogs from the public. They resuce animals from county shelters that are scheduled to be put down. Their website is www.aawl.org just in case you would like to see what they are all about. One of the cool things they have going on is the Mutt Show on my birthday this year! October 20th! Gotta be there for that. It is supposed to be a lot of fun. I will finally get to showcase my mutts!

I have a class tomorrow and another class on Saturday. I will get my 'rowdy and shy dog' certification next Saturday.. if I pass I guess. I cannot wait to start diggin in to all this. Just thought I would let you know

One more thing.. I heard something disturbing today at the orientation - it could be happening elsewhere as well but it is definitely happening here. There is some man advertising himself as a shelter. What he does is take dogs in and then sells them to laboratories!!! They warned us to be careful of anyone saying they will take your dogs immediately without any questions. One guy turned his two dogs in and two hours later changed his mind and called this man back. The man said he had already found them homes... NOT LIKELY! That is how this scam was found out. So, please warn others - I hope this isn't happening anywhere else and I sure hope this man is caught here. I just wonder if what he is doing is illegal... false advertising is all i can think of.