Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My pet died today! 4-26-03

My pet died today! 4-26-03

I lost my pet parakeet to day after 10 years of happiness that he gave me. I grew to love him just like a dog. He followed me all around the house andjust like a dog, would sit near us at the dinner table waiting for us to drop food. I cried for hours. I buried it in our yard. My husband made him a wooden box. I just want to say that This little thing gave me days and days of happiness and unconditional love. I don't know how I will get over this but time!

I am soooo sorry to hear that! Yes, time will heal.

Welcome to Pet Talk and it's so sad that your first thread has to be so painful. I had parakeets growing up and they were my best friends too!! Safe trip to the RB little one! What was his name? Any chance you could honour him by posting some pictures??
    Last edited by slick; 04-27-2003 at 06:59 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

honor him

Oh my, I don't know how to do anything on this site. I am new. I am still in mourning, but I would love to honor him. How do I do this. Thank for the reply. It made me feel better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

such a pretty bird! i am so sorry for your loss. the only comfort is to tell you,your feathered baby is sitting in a tree at the rainbow bridge, singing happily and waiting for you. please accept my sympathies
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

He was a beautiful bird. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss I used to have 4 parakeets of my own. I hope they have greeted your bird at the Rainbow Bridge.

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

What a beautiful bird. I'm glad you have good memories and lots of love from your feathered friend.

I'm sorry about your loss but he's waiting for you at RB.

Welcome to Pet Talk.

PS. Why don't you tell us about him and how you adopted him.

That is a very beautiful bird! Very sorry for your loss.

WELCOME TO PT!

He is soooo sweet! Take comfort in knowing he's happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge playing with all the other birdies up there. You will meet him again some day.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Welcome to pet talk. I am sorry it is under such sad circumstances. Your beloved bird was very beautiful. You are lucky to have had the 10 wonderful years together. Think of all the memories that you can keep alive, and he will always be with you.

really....

I am so sorry for your loss, its a very difficult time, just hope being here on pet talk is of some comfort to you, why dont you honour him by a pet memoriam on the net, i did this and found it extremely healing, i chose cherished moments, im sorry i cant remember the others but i am certain you will find one suitable to honour your parakeet. just a thought, take care and in time the pain will ease.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Welcome to PT! I'm so very sorry about your loss. Your sweet parakeet lived a long and healthy life with you. 10 years of love between a pet and its mommy is long. It will definitely take time to heal. Your bird was beautiful and very much loved. I'm so very sorry about your loss.

Gosh, I'm so sorry about your loss. Your birdie was a most beautiful budgie and I'm sure will be missed greatly. Welcome to Pet Talk and feel free to grieve here with us if you need to.
    ~Kat

Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm so sorry to hear that your bird has passed away. He sure was beautiful. At least you got to spend 10 wonderful years with him. Just try to remember this when you're feeling sad. Now he's at Rainbow Bridge and he's healthy and flying around with all the other birds. RIP sweet birdie.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...!
    I know how it feels to loose a much loved pet, as I lost my sweetheart Sydney (black male cat) last summer... !
    It will take you a while to get over it; if I may give you a good advize : adopt a new bird as soon as possible. Some Pettalkers told me the same when Sydney died, and believe me, it helped!! I am still mourning over Sydney, but I can give all my love to my two new cats Maya & Inka