Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunny transportation needed!

Bunny transportation needed!

As most of you know I`m giving Thelmer away. Well I`ve decided to give her to Aspen and Misty. My mom said that if we get transportation she could have her! Aspen and Misty`s dad hasn`t said yes yet but she`s confident that he will. We need volunteers to drive Thelmer from Texas to Pensylvannia. Aly said she could drive a few hours but I`m not sure how long. Please help!

I hate these posts. Makes me wish I lived closer to you all. I'd volunteer in a heartbeat if I could. Good luck. Come on people, let's help out Thelmer.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Maybe if transport to the eastern seaboard could be arranged, Thelmer could travel along the route Logan sometimes drives parts of to bring dogs north ...

Originally posted by Karen
    Maybe if transport to the eastern seaboard could be arranged, Thelmer could travel along the route Logan sometimes drives parts of to bring dogs north ...
    What does that mean?

I am so pleased you have sorted out a Pet Talk home for your bunny. Hope you can sort out the travelling arrangements.

Let meknow if you plan to come through Northern Ohio and I'll see if I can help!

I wish you all the good luck in the world, but that's as much as I can do for now...unless you were driving to Pennsylvania via Australia, and I was old enough to drive, and had a car

Hope Thelmer gets to her new home safely and happily. Good luck.

May I recommend contacting Robin Rysavy at Kansas City House Rabbit Society. I believe there is something like a bunny Underground Railroad in the middle of the country and she might be able to help you make some contacts.

I'm a little off the direct line between Texas and Pennsylvania, but if you need a Wichita to Kansas City leg, I could probably help. PM me if you need to.

Thank you everyone. My dad is still in the process, but I know I can convince him!

Ash

ps: Sorry if I'm not on for awile, my computer is down.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Hello? Please help!

Originally posted by Rottieluver45
    Hello? Please help!
    The rescue Harpmom suggested will be a great help! I will contact them if you want me to. I will have to get a defniit answer from my dad though before any of us contact anyone.

Ash

Yeah! that`d be great!!Thanks!

Well, I'm just posting this here because I don't know where else to post it.

Julian was awful while we were away! he Chewed on my sheets, my carpet, spilled his litter box all over, spilled all of his water and pellets, which got sogy because of the spilt water and they stuck to my carpet like a piece of candy, drug his hay thing all around my room and got hay all over and he chewed on the edge of my bed and made a nice hole on the one side. I don't know what got into him. He had lots of toys in there. Boxes, things to throw (straw carrot, a mouse, 2 bird toys, a flippy thing made for cats), things to chew on (a whole wood pile, little pieces of wood, wood bird toys, the box) thigns to play in or on (the box, teh wood pile, the box of paper bedding, a empty drawer). He must have got bored though, thats all I can think of cause he is usally good. I gave him new toys on Thrusday, so he had some new things in there. I dunno. Well where this is going is Bunnies are not on my fathers good side right now. Hopefully after a day or two of cooling of he *MIGHT* change his mind, but right now his answer is No. i told him that bunnies are normally better with a compainion, but he doesn't care, eh says, "2 more bunnies is twice the mess!" ::sigh:: Sorry

Ash

I don't mean to stir up anything but....

time is of essence here!

If you haven't already, please begin forming a Plan B just incase....

The non-kill bunny shelters will soon be FULL!!
    Daisylover commented that her shelter presently has 45 adoptables, 20 permanent residents, and 21 babies. Plus more that they are trying to catch b/c someone dumped them. And "true" post-Easter season (late June thru August) hasn't even hit yet!

Yes, Zippy is right. You should go to Plan B and at least make the telephone call. It does not commit you to having to take Thelmer there if you are able to find another home for her...In fact the rescue people would be delighted if you called and cancelled. In the meantime you probably should be trying to find Thelmer a home in the area where you live.

ASh, I will PM you.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate