Thread: Update on Tina

Update on Tina

Well, Tina's vet appointment was today. The vet gave her a good look over and ran some tests, and told us that it indeed was old age. I gave her the name of the medicine that you guys suggested, but she said she never heard of it before! She promised to look into it though and call us about it. Maybe it has some other name here in Sweden?

Anyways, it does seem to have gotten a little better... She's only had one accident in the last week We let her go outside every other hour or so as well, so she has a lot of opportunities to pee!

Another thing that worries me now is that we can barely go for walks with her anymore We've had to minimize the daily walk alot lately but now she can barely walk around the block without getting really tired...

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Ann,
    I was coming to this PT section to post the question about Tina's visit to the vet when I saw your update.
    As painful as it is, we have to accept the fact that our beloved pets get older, just as we do... Carina has arthritis and so do I. We are two old ladies going up the stairs very slowly, quite a spectacle.

All we can do is keep them as comfortable as possible, for as long as possible. At least the weather is a bit warmer now so when Tina goes out often she won't be too cold.
    Please give a big hug from me.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Well, I'm glad to hear that it's nothing serious. But it is terrible watching them get older.

Please give her a big hug & kiss from me

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Bless her heart, Ann. I was going to go today, and look to see exactly when you were taking her to the vet. Old age is no fun! But I'm glad he didn't note any other health related issues that she might have had.

Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan,getting her to go outside more. I do the same thing with Murphy, who is 13. I just have to wake her up a lot to make her go! Luckily, where I go, she goes, so if I walk outside, she usually follows.

Give Tina a hug and kiss from me, please.

Hehehe!! Hope Tina can stand all the hugs and kisses you are bestowing on her (if you are doing as we request)!!!! Precious thing, she deserves all of them and more!!!

Thank you for the update, Ann. I think of beautiful Tina so often. Getting old is tough, but I think that despite the infirmities that come with old age, these seniors, be they human or furry, are so deserving of that extra bit of caring and consideration, such as the type you are giving Tina. At least you know that it's not a serious illness. And Ann, my Cody is also on Proin for a "leaky bladder." "Proin" is the brand name here in the states. The generic name (scientific) is Phenylpropanolamine HCL; perhaps she is familiar with that name. Please give precious Tina a hug and kiss for me. I mean that!! Love, Sandra
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 05-03-2003 at 11:06 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks for all the replies everyone And Tina sends her thanks for all the hugs and kisses

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

RE: Tina's progress

Hi Ann....I have been thinking about Tina and just logged on to see that you had taken her to the vet for her assessment. It is sad to know that she is getting older and has developed some age-related problems. However, it is always better to know what we are dealing with and I am sure that the vet will help you as much as possible to keep Tina healthy and happy for the rest of her life. Taking her outside more often is a good idea and should make the sitaution easier to deal with. Give her a hug from all of us here at Pet Talk and take care....regards from Deborah in Montreal, Canada
    One cat just leads to another - Ernest Hemingway