Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: how much was your dog?

how much was your dog?

I have herd someone say their dog was like $800.00 . ..

how much was your dog?

My Oscar was $400.00 *shih tzu*

My Tikeya was $250.00 *siberian husky*
    Last edited by tikeyas_mom; 07-10-2003 at 01:04 AM.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I did the wrong thing when I got Honey and Lilly. I purchased them from backyard breeders, Honey through an ad in the newspaper, Lilly through a friend. They were $200 each. I now know that there are better ways to find purebred puppies, but I wouldn't trade those girls for anything!

My dream dog, an English Bulldog, would be about $2000. I will attempt to get a rescue dog, one day, but would never pay full price, just to have that type of dog.

Logan

I bought Josie from a pet store back when I was stupid and didn't realize how much that store sucks, but she's my baby and like Logan said, I wouldn't trade her for the world She was over $100 which doesn't make sense as shes a mutt but I fell in love with her :] I adopted Zeke from the Humane Society for $75 I think. It was $100 and something after his tags and licences.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

shadow-free we found her as a stray
    happy-$200
    perky-$35 from shelter
    Ripley-$25 from shelter
    misty-$100
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I'd never "buy" a dog.

I adopted both of mine. We gave the humane society $65 for when we got Nala, $5 dollars for food.

We gave the SPCA $15 for Simba.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Adoption Fee - $65

First Vet Visit - $70

First Pet Store Visit - $125

The joy he brings - priceless

Jordan: $300

ok please dont kill me but i got jewels from a pet store for $1200! i really did want to get one from the shelter but my mom fell in love with her and had to get her. I love her so much now though and i would pay anything to keep her.

Can't quite recall how much the adoption fee was for Kia. It doesn't really matter.

I'd never buy a dog.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

The spca here sells dogs for 131 unfixed and 65 fixed. so I guess thats good, and + u get a free vet check .

I got both my dogs from breeders.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

We bought cami for orginally 499.00 but it was 100 off so she was pretty much 400 dollars.. I love her and lyk you guys said i wouldnt trade her for the world!

We payed $750 for Kito, we bought him from a couple who shows dogs, and they were selling him for another lady who got cancer and couldn't keep him. She wanted so much for him because he was perfect for showing and breeding, but we decided not to do that.
    Abbey we donated $75 to the beagle rescue for (he asked 50, but I gave him more)
    Riley was free--I swiped him from a lady getting ready to drop him off at the SPCA!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I tried my best to adopt a dog but why get a GSD when I don't have the room or size of house for it? I wouldn't punish a dog like that. We turned to a breeder as a last resort and paid 500$. I HATE having to know we paid for our dog. He's a member of the family. I hate having to put a price on him.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Not to be rude or anything, but why does it matter how much we paid for our dogs? Isn't what matters that they love us very much and we love them very much? To me every dog is priceless regardless if they cost $1 or $1000.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Okay, this really pisses me off. I am sorry, this isn't directed at you or anything but...I hate it when people think of me as a bad person because Mickey comes from a breeder. I tried my best to find one at the shelter. I wanted a Sheltie (preferably) but everything at the shelters were big dogs, breeds that weren't right for us. We checked every shelter in the area...none were right for us. I'm sorry i got my dog at a breeder...can't say I didn't try... I know, there is probably some people on the board who don't like me or Mickey because of that reason. I know we should adopt...I always recommend to check shelters first, but when it doesn't work out, why take the chance with some dog that you will only be tortuering because he'll have a small yard and not enough room in the house?

Sorry, just a little rant because this has been bothering me for awhile now...
    Last edited by primabella; 04-24-2003 at 03:04 PM.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

You know what, Primabella, you need to take a deep breath and know that you are NOT disliked because you went to a breeder. I know we are ultra sensitive because we hate to see any dog, regardless of breed, be in jeopardy. But it's ok!! I wanted a Golden Retriever, no ifs, ands, or buts about it! And I got one. Then I got another one! If I could do it again, I might be more selective as to where I got them from, but I would still want a Golden Retriever. There is nothing wrong with that!!!! As I have gotten involved with rescue, I think I would look first to getting a purebred Rescue and there are lots of them out there. But it's ok!!!

I think you and Mickey are tops, and I don't want you feeling bad because you did what you did!!!!

Blessings,
    Logan