Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: how much was your dog?

Originally posted by Logan
    As I have gotten involved with rescue, I think I would look first to getting a purebred Rescue and there are lots of them out there.
    Thanks for your comforting words and compliments.

The thing is...over here, in little Quebec, we have nothing! I'm surprised we found a high-quality breeder. It came as such a shock. I don't know. To me, finding Mickey (the perfect dog - for me- ) was like meant to be. No Shelties at shelters, no rescue groups around, the fact that I found this breeders' website just at the moment she was expecting a litter. I don't know. I know, I could have tried Petfinder, but I only discovered that place after we made appointments with the breeder and knew all the info. I could have tried anyways but I don't regret a thing that I have done. We got the best pup there was and I'm happy. I just wish people could skip the part that he's *not* a rescue dog, but that's he's MY dog and that's it.

Thanks again.

ps - and by posting this I am not looking for sympathy. Just posting my feelings. In case any of you ahve the wrong idea...
    Last edited by primabella; 04-24-2003 at 03:06 PM.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

i agree with prima but yet i understand logan.. buying from a breeder isnt so bad.. some people just make it seem to be??

I got both of my doggies for free!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

primabella I just wanted to let you know that my comment wasn't directed at you at all. I just ment to say that it doesn't matter how much we spent on our pets because we all love them so very much and they love us very much, and that's what makes them all priceless. I'm sorry if what I said offended you in anyway. I didn't mean it to offend anyone.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

No, don't worry. You didn't say anything that offended me. I agree with you, actually Thanks anyways. I was just thinking about how people think of me because I say "Yeah, he came from a breeder" and they think I should have "saved a life". I woud love to and I know for a fact that all my pets will be rescue pets once I get older. And I always donate money to my SPCA when I can...I'm trying my best, I just don't want to be treated differently because I did not go out of my way to find a rescue group in another province or something. I know i could have but the fact is that I didn't and nothing can change that now. I'm getting off topic now, sorry.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I really wanted a pure bred siberian husky, we didnt look at shelters. My mom got me Tikeya as a birthday present. She took me for a car ride to pick her out. I was in grade 7 at the time and Tikeya was 3 weeks old when I first saw her. . she was so cute.

The ppl drove her up to my house 2 weeks later. she was five weeks old when she finally came home for the first time. She puked on the way to. poor baby. She always hated car rides. ..

My mom always wanted a pure bred shih tzu as well. We looked at shelters but they never had any pure breds. So we finally found a breeder. And then Got Oscar on Christmas EVe.

I love my dogs with all my heart. It turns out Oscar isnt even pure bred so we still got a mut. lol. but he was worth every penny . Tikeya was pritty cheep for a pure bred Siberian though. But I love sooooo much she is my baby ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I adopted...
    Maggie(border collie/mix)...100$
    Laddie(border collie)...450$
    Kitty(calico)...free

But ya know every thing your dog gives you, like love and happiness is priceless
    ~*~Heather~*~
    Adopt NaylaAdopt Perdue!
    Save a life, adopt a pet!

Well, Brian got our purebred Harlequin Great Dane, Dakota, as a 6 week old puppy for between $250 (I can't exactly remember right now but that sounds right), we rescued our purebred Dalmation, Destiny, from a family we was getting rid of her for free, and we rescued our Black Lab Mix, Sierra, from the local shelter for an addotion fee of $25.

"Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you will still land among the stars."
    I think It was me... Rusty was $850.00. The reason is because his parednts are BEAUTIFUL show dogs and they win shows.
    [color=royal blue]LOVING MOMMY TO MY FUR BABY, RUSTY![/COLOR]

THANX SOOOO MUCH TO POPCORNBIRD FOR THE GREAT SIG!!!!
    DOGLOVRFOREVR

I bought Ginger for $75(she's a Miniature Pinscher mix) from a backyard breeder. I feel ashamed now but I wouldn't' trade her for the world now. I wanted to get one from a shelter. But by the time I called they were all gone.

Ruff- free(My hubby got him from one of his friend's.)

Oscar-free(I got him from a friend.)
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Hey ya'll don't be ashamed of how you got your dogs. IMO,
    no one's better or worse based on spending a fortune or getting
    them for free or rescuing or buying from a back yard breeder.
    Everybody's circumstances are different at the time a dog comes
    in their lives. I agree with Uabassoon, what truly matters is that
    they're loved. If we're gonna be judged, let it be on how much
    we love'em, not how we got'em.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Not to be rude or anything, but why does it matter how much we paid for our dogs? Isn't what matters that they love us very much and we love them very much? To me every dog is priceless regardless if they cost $1 or $1000.
    I AGREE!!!
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

my dog snowball cost $60.00 becaues i adopted her. she would have been less but she needed to get some shots..........

LOVE....Snowball ( the puppie)...Pebbles (The devil cat)... and Ashley ( Me)... he he Thanks Amber for the sig..

i also wanted to add that i would have paid 1,000,000 dollars for my dog i LOVE he rshe is the best and i belive that every dog is made for someone and i belive we have found them......

LOVE....Snowball ( the puppie)...Pebbles (The devil cat)... and Ashley ( Me)... he he Thanks Amber for the sig..

Not to be rude or anything, but why does it matter how much we paid for our dogs? Isn't what matters that they love us very much and we love them very much? To me every dog is priceless regardless if they cost $1 or $1000.
    oh it doesnt matter I was just curious.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven