Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone come here???

Hybrid View

Anyone come here???

I feel bad that I can't go to any of the PT meetings So I was wondering if any were planning to come to my part of B.C. anytime? I can't really go outside of the Valley ...Has anyone been to Kelowna before? Or anywhere in the Okanagan Valley?
    I've been BOO'd!

Wish I could but Im to young to drive by myself yet, and I dont have any clue where you live....I also wish I could go to the pt meetings in findaly(sp?) Ohio.

I wish I could drive too lol. Kelowna is about 5 hours away from Vancouver. It's in the Okanagan Valley, along with many other cities, like Vernon, Penticton, Westbank, Peachland, Summerland and so on.

I wish I could go to a meeting, but I know that most of the people on PT are from the states, and the ones in Canada mostly aren't in B.C. So the only one I'm able to meet is Tikeyas_mom lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

There's nobody near me either. *pouts*

Sucks, doesn't it? lol Well, if anyone here decides to head my way, give me a shout (and bring your pet! lol)..
    I'll be posting wonderful and tempting pics tomorrow of my Valley mwahahaha, I'll lure you all in!!!
    I've been BOO'd!

I have been in Kelowna 4 years ago. Spent one night in the Abbot Villa hotel. Was sitting in the sun in a pub on the lake. Saw your lokal seasnake. Had some wine for dinner.
    I thought it was a pretty mediterranean place for British Columbia

lol, I haven't been many places so I wouldn't know if it's mediteranean heehee
    So you saw the actual ogopogo (seasnake) or the pretend one beside the beach? I think the only way people would know about this place is the ogopogo lol. (and our many beer and wine factories )
    I've been BOO'd!

I have friends in Vernon and might be making a trip there in the summer. Will let you know.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

when I was little I went to kalowna every summer, both my grandparents lived their but they moved to toranto so I have not been their in a while. I live in Regina,Sask. so it is a 2 day drive
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I've been to Kelowna the summer before the last one, but only satyed there for not even a day. I might go to Vancouver this summer, since my uncle lives there. I live in Ontario, by the way.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Slick and Wolfsoul- aren't you two about three hours apart? I am looking at an atlas, outdated, I am sure, but, it seems like New Westminster, Kelowna and Vernon are pretty dern close...Course, this is an 'American' atlas...maybe the distances have been distorted??????

Depends on which route I take. I can get to Vernon in about 4.5 hours and Kelowna is only another hour away. So if I plan a trip up there I will try to meet Wolfsoul. I can't get any vacation time until June. I'll PM as the time gets closer.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

According to my dad BC is like 4000 miles from here lol taking about a week to drive lol. I can drive..I just don't have a car or money I wish I could go to a PT meeting also lol but I wouldn't be suprised if I'm farthest from anyway LOL

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I have friends in Vernon and might be making a trip there in the summer. Will let you know.
    Wow, that's cool! Wouldn't that be neat if I knew your friends, lol. I have family in Vernon, my two cousins and their dad and that's about it..
    I've been BOO'd!

Slick and Wolfsoul- aren't you two about three hours apart? I am looking at an atlas, outdated, I am sure, but, it seems like New Westminster, Kelowna and Vernon are pretty dern close...Course, this is an 'American' atlas...maybe the distances have been distorted??????
    Well, I'm pretty sure we are about five hours apart Because my mom told me that Vancouver is about 5 hours away, and New Westminster is part of it...hmmm..
    I've been BOO'd!