Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel Lady

Squirrel Lady

It appears I am going to be one of those old ladies who sits in the park and feeds the squirrels...

Anyway...here is a black squirrel who has joined the group in my backyard. Black squirrels are VERY rare around here....

Have you named him/her?

I love squirrels!!!
    At my old house, this grey squirrel would come EVERYDAY at lunchtime to my backyard, because we would always give him peanuts.
    I love feeding little animals at parks, 2 years ago, on a trip to British Columbia, we saw lots of chipmunks, and they're not afraid of people. Once one of them climbed onto my hand, it was sooo cute!
    Ok, I could go on and on with my many encounters with little animals, now that I think about it, I've met ALOT of little animals before. I mean, like friendly animals that weren't afraid of me.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

How beautiful he/she is! I`ve never seen one that colour before, except in books. In fact I have only real-life squirrels I have ever seen are the grey ones around our library in town.

Thanks for sharing!

I've never seen a black squirrel before, Sara! I'm so glad you were able to share yours with us!!! I think there are a lot of worse things that you could spend your time doing, than feeding the squirrels. Remember in Mary Poppins??? The lady who said "Feed the birds". I would like to do either, myself!!! Is Shirley still around?? I love your squirrel pictures!!

Logan, check here

i LOVE squirrels...on my birdfeeder i let the squirrels eat all the food...ur soo lucky...the ones around here let you get really close to them...once i ACTUALLY did a still life..the squirrel stayed stiill long enough to let me do a sketch and shade it...it was a miracle..i kept giving nuts to it so it would stay still eating nuts

Misty loves you! Do you love misty?Awww, look at that cute face! Who can resist?

Although there are some black squirrels in western Massachusetts, all our squirrels are grey. I wonder if you will eventually see black and grey squirrels.

Paul

Sara, beware of the black squirrels. They are known for being more aggressive and bold than typical grey squirrels.....We don't want this newcomer scaring away Shirley!

There are black squirrels here although most of them here are Titian red

My parents house is close to the woods and they have lots of squirrels that come to the bird feeder. Like your new addition, Sara, they do not look too starved.

Bluekat: Regarding west-Canadian small animals. I remember a chipmunk at Agnes Lake (near Lake Louise) who stole a big cookie right from the hand of a person at the coffieshop there. And another one who tried to drown itself in a cup of hot chocolate. They didn't seem too shy

We probably have more black squirrels here than brown/grey ones. I like the brown ones WAAAAAAAAAAAY better. Not only are they cuter, but they seem to be more calm and far less agressive. They are more friendly too. The brown squirrels in our area are a bit larger than the black ones. The black ones have no shame. They come in our backyard and mate in front of everyone, for the whole world to see. lol I've never seen the brown ones doing this, but why so the black ones have to do it where everyone can see, and WHY did they have to choose our backyard for this? LOL LOL LOL

Wow, I've never seen a black squirrel before! I wish I had a little visitor like that in my garden... Cute lil fellow, thanks for sharing the pics

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Thanks for sharing! I have never seen a black squirrel before. We have several red ones that live in thes trees here. They are so fun to watch - esp. when you have a couple of little ones out playing on the roof! But I don't encourage them as they can do a ton of damage to your house esp. your wiring! Last fall I left a rug laying out over the deck - when I got up in the morning it was 1/4 gone!!! They used it for winter bedding.

I've never seen a black squirrel either! He/she's beautiful! And what does Lady Edwina think of this??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow, neat looking squirrel...is it the dad to Shirleys brood?