Thread: sleeping with u

kat0010 Guest

sleeping with u

my cat sleeps with me and it bugs me. what do i do?

You should enjoy it, you have been chosen !!

You can always shut the cat out of your bedroom but this can make your cat unhappy.

The only cats that sleep with me are Moo (he sleeps under the covers with his head on the other pillow) and Shorty. They come and go during the night. I have become quite the contortionist sleeper. There's no way I can close my cats out of my room. My living room has an archway that leads to my bedroom. No door to shut them out. Besides, if I ever shut Moo out, he'd relentlessly scratch at the door till I let him in .

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

HEE HEE Try sleeping with 5 or 6 cats at one time.

I *love* it when Marigold sleeps with us!! She usually won't stay there all night long but when she does, I love waking up with her curled up next to me. A few times recently, she has even stayed there with Malone right there, too!!

I always have at least 2 cats on the bed with me, and usually 3 or 4! and I love it, but like Donna said, sometimes you have to be a contortionist! I would never want to shut them out, but if it really bothers you, you could either shut the door to your room, or make a comfy bed for them elsewhere, or shoo them off the bed everytime they get on it, they will get the hint!

Nakita always sleeps with me. I think she would kill me if I made her leave the bed!

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I love it when my cats sleep with me. I leave my bedroom door opened just enough for them to come and go as they please. By morning Storm is usually sleeping on the foot of the bed and Sunny and Cirrus are usually sleeping in my bedroom some where. Sometimes if I'm lucky, Storm or Sunny will cuddle up with me and sometimes they both do this at the same time. Cirrus will jump up on the bed and sit for a few minutes but thats about it so far.

I've also heard that once a cat is allowed to sleep your bedroom that it's very difficult to make them stay out.

Lucky you! My hubby is VERY anti animals in the bed! He is away on business this week, so Ally and I are making the most of it - I LOVE waking up with her snuggled up to me!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Bastet sleeps with me. In fact she sleeps with anyone on a bed - doesn't matter where. She loves humans.

I agree with Russian Blue, sweet Bastet would kill me if I ever tried to shoo her off the bed.

Or she would start that annoying rubbing her nose against the door thing again *sigh*
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Tigris and Filou sleep with us. Filou under the cover and Tigris either between our faces or on our feet.

Tigris is famous for dramatic scenes in the night when he wants a snack (at 4.30 A.M.). Sometimes we tried to close the door then to keep him outside but he run against the door with all his 13 lb. It's easier to give him what he wants.

My cats both sleep with me (and sometimes on top of me) but I enjoy it. It provides an extra layer of warmth

The only time I have tried to keep them out the both scrathed and meowed at the door until I couldn't stand it any longer and just let them in.

13. Edwina lets us sleep with her in her bed every night

She was annoyed with me last night because I had the ceiling fan on high. She tried sleeping behind my knees as she always does but left in frustration until I turned the fan down!

Kat 0010, welcome to the forum. Of my pride of 12 furkids, there are always 5 or 6 of them that usually to sleep with me on the covers. More will cuddle up together during the cold winter months. Personally, any cat that wants to sleep with you should be taken as a compliment. And if you become as addicted to cats as I am, I expect at least 4 of them to sleep on the covers every night. Otis, Tiger, Puma, Chris, and Fawn are on the bed every morning. They come on board during the night.

..........wayne

A suggestion...

I love my kitties sleeping in my bed even if my partner and I are left to fight it out for one small half of the bed! I suggest that, instead of kicking her out entirely, move her to the end of the bed or even a basket or a comfy bed right next to you on the floor. Most cats will sleep almost anywhere (linen closets, on top of modems, etc) so the desire to sleep in your bed is a desire to be near you!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.