Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kind of Mad...

Kind of Mad...

David and I went to San Diego this weekend to see his sister and her hubby (and her pregnant tummy!) My friend, who has four cats and is as cat crazy as we are, or so I thought, watched the furkids.

I left, as always, explicit instructions. Especially with Micah on meds and Livvy on her new diet food.

We got home and found two spots of Micah throw up (can tell by color) and the frozen fish food was left out. Not that she had to clean it up, but he hasn't thrown up since last Monday...suggesting something wrong with his food or meds while we were gone.

Further investigation found Micah's syringe covered in medicine! It was crusty and gross, she didn't even wash it off after giving him three separate doses! I also found that the litter was only scooped this morning and that she left it, uncovered, in the den! The bag was wide open and the room SMELLED! (That doesn't happen in MY house!!!)

When we got home, I wanted to feed the cats. I found two bowls in the cabinent (where I told her to put all four after they were fed) that were TOTALLY full! I was very explicit in my instructions as far as how much they eat got. Livvy and Micah's bowls and another of the other bowls (for Noah, Noel or Basie) were out!

It was to the point that David and I thought something happened and that her hubby had to come over and do it. Nope....I called her and she said she did it all. I didn't want to say anything, she gets easily offended. I'll just start looking for a new cat sitter for the future!!

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Sorry you had problems with the sitter. As I found out this weekend, friendship doesn't mean everything.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

i wonder how her cats are doing.

that is very sucky. I bet you are pritty mad eh? I would be. I hope your kitties are alrite.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Kelly, I'm so sorry that she didn't follow your instructions and look after your cats properly. If I lived closer I would have been very happy to watch over them. I've found that sometimes friends aren't as reliable as you think. You might have to consider a pet sitting service. I sure hope that Micah is okay as well as all of the others.

I'm also all for pet sitting services, then again I am a pet sitter. But when I do a job I make sure that I do everything I am asked to and because I love animals so much most of the time I end up staying at a clients house even longer then they paid for just because I'm having a good time playing with the animals.
    But I understand what it's like to have a friend do a bad job I had my roommate take care of my cats once and she didn't scoop out the litter box and Corkscrew poops on my bathroom floor when the litter isn't clean. And she also didn't give them and canned food, I was so upset. And it's a horrible thing to come home to from a vacation.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm sorry Kelly. What an awful thing to come home to. I'm glad you were only gone for a couple days. I bet your kitties are very happy to see you!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That sucks so much when you can't trust your friends with your pets!!

I am surprised, your friends has cats herself.
    How does she look after them correctly.

Originally posted by PayItForward
    I am surprised, your friends has cats herself.
    How does she look after them correctly.
    That's what I'm wondering...
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

So sorry to hear about your cats weekend. My husband and I are going on vacation on friday for 10 days. Hayley and Mandy are going to my parents house. I'm already giving my father instructions. I hope he remembers everything.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I'm sorry.

I wish we all lived real close to one another, then we'd really get some top notch service for our cats.

I don't blame you for being upset. I'd be upset too. I hope that your kitties are okay and that you find someone reliable next time you go out of town. It's hard for me to find anyone to watch my kitties because Ali is diabetic and requires shots. I hope you have better luck than I do.

I am sorry too , that we dontlive closer. I babysit Cats and Kittens for a Siamese Breeder , and follow her instructions to the letter. She told me that she trusted me implitly with her Cats , some of which are worth hundreds of dollars! I am sorry that your friend wouldnt do so! What A JERK!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How horrible!!!

I hope Micah feels better soon. Sorry this woman couldn't understand simple directions.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June