Thread: I got my hamsters!!!

I got my hamsters!!!

Well we went to PetLand to get them today. The bad part is, they had no males. So the lady told us that they just got in two female hammies from there people who didn't want them, & gave them to us for FREE! I feel bad for them, how could someone not want them, they are such sweethearts. The lady said that they probably brought home by a kid whose mother did not want them. Anyway, my mom ordered the cage & supplies online, and won't be coming for another 5 days, so we had to get a temp. cage and supplies. We got them a nice cage with plenty of air... I don't know how to describe it more. They have a water bottle, a large food dish (that they are both laying in right now lol), and we're gunna give them some cardboard paper towel tubes to play/sleep in. The lady that worked there belongs to a humane society, and she was giving us advice on what to get throuhout the whole time. We couldn't get a wheel, because they are too tall for thw current habitat, but the lady said they'll do fine until we get the good cage in. Plus, maybe if it's good weather this week I'll take them outside in their playpen to run around. Lol, now they are climbing on top of each other. The one that is mine is bigger than my sister's, and she is brown with some black and gray. My sister's is white with black eyes and has a few specs of gray on her head. The digital camera has to be recharged, so I can't take pics yet. I bet they are really confused, being in three different places in one day, so I don't want to startle them either with the flash. They're so silly, they keep digging. They are right in front of the comp. monitor, so I can see them and the screen. We also got them some wooden blocks to chew on for their teeth. Sally saw them once, but she pretended not to care. I bet she'll want to examine these "foreign invaders" later.
    I don't know what to name her though. I had a poll in school, andalmost everyone participated...which was a suprise. It was between Woody (my favorite), Perry (my science teacher suggested it), and Whiskey (my idea). But now that I don't have a boy, it will be hard to choose. Should I still go with Perry, Whiskey or Woody?

Oh well, they are so adorable! Lol they have bedding all over them now from digging. I can't even see my sister's because she dug so deep in the bedding. What silly little things they are.

Anywayt, sorry for the long post, but I'm just so excited and wanted to give you all the details.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Awww, I am happy to hear the news. I can't wait to see pictures of the little teddy bears!! hehe.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Thanks YLL!

AWWW!! No pictures? We are disapointed Can't wait for the pics! Those are going to be 2 spoiled hammy's!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

CONGRATS on your new babies! I'm so glad you're giving them a good home like they deserve

Maybe you could name her Woodie or Perrie ... thats the more feminine way to spell those names. I think Whiskey could work for either sex.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thanks so much!
    I'll have pics as soon as they are done uploading, or maybe tomorrow if it does not upload soon. They are so cute!

yay! new hammies!

ill be waiting for pics! lol... how long does it take for them to upload? mine takes 1 min. tops...

~ Jess ~

It takes about an hour for 13 or more pics. I only have seven though so I hope it goes faster.
    Hehe, they're sleeping now. They must be so pooped from playing around.

That's great for you taking these unwanted hams I bet they are happy that you were "in the right place at the right time"

I have to ask - what type of hamsters are they?

If they are not dwarves (syrian, teddy bear, fancy etc) they then must live one per cage, and should be separated immediately. Syrian hamsters will eventually fight to the death if housed together.

If you are not sure what type they are take a look at the dwarf and syrian hamsters on www.petwebsite.com
    Happy to help

They are Dwarf Hamsters.