Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here owns guinea pigs??

Who here owns guinea pigs??

They are so cute, I have to ask. Are they really as stinky as most ppl say?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

no, guinea pigs aren't stinky at all! As long as you clean out their hutch regularly, they're fine. I actually like their smell - especially after I've just cleaned out their hutch, because they've all been burrowing in the fresh hay and smell like a farm.
    I have seven guinea pigs at the moment, and their names are Garrison, Maverick, Kennedi, Opal, Lavender, Hallie and Pyper.
    They're lovely pets, and even though they can't be taught to come when their called or do tricks, they're very friendly, affectionate, docile creatures. I love my 'guinea gang' (we have the Guinea Gang and Bunny Boys) to bits. There's nothing like coming outside to the sound of a 'wheek! wheek! wheek! greeting!

Maverick, Pyper and Opal

Opal (four weeks pregnant with her twins, Dylan and Cole, who went to new homes last year)

Kennedi and Opal...they're going to be 1 year old next week. It's a special birthday because they were the first set of guinea pups I ever bred.

This is one of my favourite pics - four little bots in a row!

Me and my Kennedi baby

I have 11 piggers! and no they are not stinkie as long as they have a larg enugh cage(10 square feet for 2 is best) missy is almost 2 years old already and friskit will be 1 year this sunday! I love my piggers, although I must say I must say if i ad to choose between piggers and gerbils I would go with gerbils! but both are great! my gerbies and puddin play together even!
    Last edited by cali; 04-09-2003 at 12:40 PM.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

friskit, 6 months ago

I will hav eto go get resent pics of my babies! the youngest of my piggers is 5 months old already!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

I only have two, but wish I could have more! And I agree with all the other Moms, they are the sweetest, gentle, most docile little critters! As for them being smelly, no at all!! I have heard that Ferrets (which I love!) do have a certain odor from a scent gland that is very easily controlled. Perhaps that's what you are thinking of? I recommend piggies 100%! Everyone's piggies are so cute!! Great pics, all!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Nope, I don't own any now. I used to have a male all black guinea pig. His name was Klein Hans- lol (that's German). I got him for free from a friend who didn't want him any more. . He didn't stink at all, he was very friendly and LOVED to play in my room. This is funny: when I would reach into the veggie drawer to pull out carrots, cucumbers, and carrots, you could hear him down the hall squeeking. He knew that that noise ment yummy treats. . He also had a lettuce patch all to himself along the garage. I'd love to get another one.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I haven't had any personally but we do carry them at work, and while I've noticed that they have a distinct smell, it is neither a strong smell or an unpleasant one. I think it smells a little like corn chips!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I have never owned one, ppl just say they are stinky. I dont know why? I guess they dont lol

I have one guinea pig named "Wiggy Pig" He is such a sweetheart he loves to be petted and sit with you when your at the computer. He also loves to talk to you too. *LOL* with his little noises he makes. I don't think they stink either. I think probably some people may wait to long to clean there cage out.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I LOVE ALL THE PHOTOS!!!
    Guinea pigs are by far one of my favorite animals I currently don't own any, but I used to have two. They don't stink as long as you keep their cage clean
    MORE PICS PLEASE

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

blizzard

friskit

patch

smores

spud

smudge

those are my boys!
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

they are soooo cute, I love them .

Zan, I was going to PM youn but I'l tell you here since its brought up. Maverick is up at Mickey's site He's such a cutie

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    I LOVE piggies! I had some when I was a kid and they were the cutest little things. They were all so sweet and they would start to wheek as soon as they heard me come home from school everyday so they could get out and play. Brings back good childhood memories.

I wanted tog et guinea pigs 2 of them. but ppl talked me out of it becase ppl said they stunk. So ya. I got a rabbit instead. she was a house rabbit, she was never in her kennel. She would rome around my room al day. She died though.

I want to get 2 guinea pigs when I move out. next year.