View Poll Results: Does your dog like the vet?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 32.26%
  • No

11 35.48%
  • Sort of

10 32.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Vet

The Vet

Does your dog fear the vet or does s/he even hate the word vet.
    My old dog Ruby liked the vet (lets just hope Indy does)!

Mommy of -
    Indy - Black Labrador
    Disney- Norwegian wild forest cat
    Mommy in Heaven of -
    Ruby Bear - Black Lab
    Chip - Hamster
    Was Mommy of -
    Sally - Border Collie

www.labbies.com/instinctbites40jpg

My RB Lab HATED the vet! Reece doesn't like it but he doesn't really mind much. Lolly gets verrrrrrrry anxious at the vet and "talks" a lot. It is sort of embarrassing to come in with a panting dog going "YIP YIP YAP YAP YIIIIIIIIIP YAP" and jumping all over me asking me to go home!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I love it when they talk but not Yap

Mommy of -
    Indy - Black Labrador
    Disney- Norwegian wild forest cat
    Mommy in Heaven of -
    Ruby Bear - Black Lab
    Chip - Hamster
    Was Mommy of -
    Sally - Border Collie

www.labbies.com/instinctbites40jpg

Once we get to the vet they are OK. But they do hate getting into the car because just about the only time they go "Bye-bye in the Car" it's to go to the vet.

HAH, my dog seems to be terrified of the vet..shes fine till the vet comes in the room then she starts howling..but after shes done and out of the room she seems to like the vet Weird..

Zeke is a good boy and gets along good

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Prince doesn't really mind the vet... when the vet is done doing what he has to do, the vet sucks up to Prince with doggie cookies!

They don't mind because that means that they get to go bye-bye

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

The *sort of* answer applies because Hannah likes to go places and meet people, but she also knows that sometimes things happen there that she's not fond of...so its an approach/avoidance situation for her. Last time she was there she got the *veterinary shakes*. My Tizzie used to get them so terribly you would think there was an earth quake. Tucker can be pretty laid back. One time he fell asleep on the exam table.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

My dogs LOVE the vet!!! I guess it is beaucause all the receptionists/techs love them and come say high to them and the vets usually give them treats, but they are always excited to go!

My dogs get so scared when they go to the vet, they whine and have their tails inbetween their legs. it is sad really. It is like they can smell dealth or somthing
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Ruby loves to go bye-bye and she loves her doctor, but she's not too thrilled about some stuff that goes on inside the clinic

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I guess it is beaucause all the receptionists/techs love them and come say high to them and the vets usually give them treats, but they are always excited to go!
    the vet here gives our dogs treats to but my dogs dont take them. My dogs dont take treats from any stranger.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

It varies by the dog...Goldie is absolutely terrified at the vet. It's the only place she ever has an accident. Preacher on the other hand, is the most relaxed dog ever at the vet. Last week his heart rate in the clinic was 64. The doc said he was the most relaxed dog she'd ever worked with who was not knocked out! Kayleigh desperately wants to eat the clinic cat. The rest are somewhere in the middle.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Timber loves the vet! She bowls everybody over and never sits still I wish she was afraid, it would probably be less hassle
    Leather doesn't care. She looooves the car ride over, but once she walks through the doors she's her regular self, couldn't care less about where she is or what she's doing
    I've been BOO'd!

Kito just adores our vet--he loves to go in there. I can't even walk by her office with him, he pulls so hard to go in. Abbey doesn't really mind, and Riley has only been there once, so it's too soon to tell.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada