Thread: Heartworms Kill !!!

Heartworms Kill !!!

HEARTWORMS kILL !!!

I am going to take the opportunity to say and write this for anyone who cares to read it...

PLEASE TEST YOUR BELOVED DOGS FOR HEARTWORMS !!!

Then put on a preventive...I lost my Boxer to this killer and it is a terrible experience.. As I said in my introduction I have nine lovable furkids and they are all now tested and placed on preventive treatment.. It only takes one bite from one infected mosquito to give them to your dog..

There are no early warning signs and in advanced stages when symptoms do appear it is often to late to save your beloved pet.
    I am also told there are no cures at all for cats.

Testing and preventive medications are not that expensive
    ( though treatment is, as well as taking a period of about 5 weeks, if it works ) and is most certainly well worth the price of your pet's life.

Thanks for listening and if my message will save even one dog from this terrible experience I will feel I have done some good

Jaquetta

Oh, so sorry to hear about your boxer baby! Thanks for the warning, I've known about it since I was a kid, as my Dad's cousin's Boxer (funny the same breed you lost) died from it, which my Dad chalked up to ignorance and was pretty annoyed/disappointed in him.

It wasn't ignorance..As I mentioned there are no early signs. Only in the more advanced stages do any symptoms occur, except for testing for them..That is part of what makes this killer so dangerous, for at the time symptons occur, it is often to late to save them.

Jaquetta

No, I didn't mean ignorance on your part, I meant on my dad's cousin's part, as Dad had told him about heartworm, suggested testing/heartworm prevention meds, and this guy ignored him just because he liked to give the appearance of knowing everything.

Oh, OK...I did not think you meant me, sorry you took it that way..I thought you meant ignorance just from your dads cousin not recognizing anything was wrong..But now I see what you mean and he should have listened to your dad..I agree

My dogs are all on preventatives, I understand that it can kill. I have to say though, that I wasn't aware that it could be contracted from mosquitoes.
    Sorry to hear about your boxer.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Yes, that is the only way they can be contracted, is through the infected mosquito, which is the carrier and transfers them from one dog to another.

Geesh, I feel dumb.
    I just read up on it, and found out that it is contacted through mosquitoes (not that I didn't believe you ), I can't believe I didn't realize that--thanks for opening my eyes!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada