Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to say Goodbye :( :(

I am so sad to hear that Candy. I completely understand what ya mean though....I go a little wacky with things too! Maybe if ya take a break, you could come back later and use a timer....like a dial egg timer thingy, and restrict yourself??!! Take care, and don't stay away forever!!
    Golden smiles,

I know exactly what you mean. I feel like my internet addiction is unhealthy at times because I am always online. I don't get as much sleep anymore because I am always here! I wish I could be as strong as you. I will miss you so much. You were a wealth of information and we all appreciated everything you had to say. Please keep in touch.

Dixie, you and your pups will be missed. Good luck in all that you do.

Hope we can hear from you sometime soon!
    Tonya

Dear Candy. I am SO saddened to read the news! You are such a wonderful, insightful, kind and compassionate member of this family. But, I do know exactly of what you speak. It's either HOURS, or I just have to stay away for a day or two. Then I start wondering who's not feeling well, who's missing, etc. SO hard. I appreciate and respect your decision. BUT, we all fully expect that, after a while, you will be back with us, spreading and sharing your wisdom and love. We will miss you, Dixie and Dusty so. Please make sure you're on the Xmas list. And I hope you will find a way to let us know, from time to time, how you are all doing. And especially at this time, how Dusty is doing. God's speed and all our love to you Candy. Sandra, Cody and Star

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dixie, we will miss you and your furbabies terribly. This BB is addicting, that is true. It is because it is like a big happy family which has so much going on. Everyone is interested in everyone else. We all care about each other. It is sad that you won't be with us anymore, but I know exactly what you mean. I, also, spend too much time on this. I should be cleaning the house or going to sleep at a reasonable time, too, but noooo, I have to check just one more time. Then I have to comment, one more time....and so on and so on..... When a furbaby is sick, I think about them all the time and keep checking for an update. I worry about them. I've been trying to cut back a bit too. We will miss you. Please stop by just to say hi and let us know how you and the babes are or drop us an e-mail, please? Good luck!!!! You will be missed!!!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Dixie, your are going to be missed here, very much. It made me really sad, to hear that you must leave. I'll be thinking about you, your furbabies, and your family! God bless you, Candy! Give your furbabies a kiss for me!

Hugs & kisses,
    Sarah & Sadie*

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Candy, there's such a loving, caring heart behind your difficulty with obsessiveness. You've been so much appreciated for that & it's why you will be so sadly missed.

What a courageous person you are to go totally 'cold turkey' in giving up something that means so much to you.

There's nothing worse than well-meaning people like me giving advice. But it is possible to turn obsessiveness around so that you use it to prevent your life being 'taken over' by certain actions.

And you're clearing the decks of your time on PetTalk so that you can make that fresh start. Bless you for your good sense & strength. You might be gone (for only a while, I hope) but you will not be forgotten. I admire you very much.
    Marie

Candy
    I am sorry you have to compeltely remove yourself from the site and or internet. You will be missed.I think you are a great and brave person to admit that you have a problem arising and that you will do what is needed to make things better. I also have to keep after myself about the time i spend on the internet.It is so very addicting. I have also had to step back before and start setting limits for myself. So i know what you are going through. I wish you the best of luck!! Take care.

Angie

I also am very sadden by you leaving.
    Can't you just cut your time to
    once a week to keep in touch?
    I udnerstand about being a internet
    addict. I have to be carefull too, because
    it takes time away from my family.

I will miss you and hope you will keep
    in touch.

----<---<--<{(@

candy...we will all miss you and your furbabies ssssooo much!!! you are kind,knowledgeable,caring and giving....just a taste of your qualities!!! i understand and respect your position...perhaps you won't have to stay away forever!!! you can contact us through e-mail if necessary...i am at [email protected] a great holiday season!!!!! delilah and i will be thinking and praying with you!!!!!! the deli dog!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Candy, you will be sadly missed here by us all.
    We all wish you and yours a very happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
    Take care, love Carrie.

Candy,

I don't know if you will see this message. I did not see this post until just now. I am greatly saddened by your decision, but at the same time, I feel so proud of you for being so strong. I feel like I lost a friend today. I cried when I read your farewell post. I hope you don't mind an occational email. I wish you all the best in everything you do. You will be greatly missed, more then you even think. I always had so much respect for you. You advice was extradinary, and your love for your dogs shined in all that you said.

God bless you, your entire family, and please check in when you are able to. You will always remain a part of our PetTalk family.

Goodbye

Candy, you're probably not even going to log on to read this, but I still want to thank you for all your excellent advise.
    I, too know exactly what you mean. I check Pet Talk at work, get distracted, then try to recheck it at home, but rarely have time.After I finally got into the loop and got a computer, the poor thing is almost abandoned, I'm always so late, as you see, in replying, as it takes forever to catch up!
    I had to try to cut back cause I used to not eat lunch at work to read PetTalk and sometimes stay late to finish.
    I am terribly addicted too. I have never, ever met such wonderful people! I have developed such beautiful relationships with some people that I know they will be friends for life.
    It'll be hard, but please try to check in once in a while! I hope it's not like smoking- you stop for months, then one puff starts you up again! We never met and I don't know you that well personally, but believe me when I say I'm almost in tears. I feel like I'm losing someone I adore. I hate finalty, so, a hello now and then would be great. I'll miss your signature with your gorgeous puppers looking at us with thos indescribable Golden faces!
    Please feel free to email me at any time!
    MY E-mail at home is [email protected].
    Have a peaceful, healthy, happy Holiday!
    With love, your PT friend and fellow GR lover, Karen

Just wanted to say Dixieland Dancer/Candy
    that if this decision helps you & your
    family gain a more peaceful life, then do it...I will miss hearing from you but I do
    understand that you feel you must re-gain
    control by disengageing for awhile...
    I wish you ,your family & furkids all the
    Best that life has to offer!!!Good Luck Friend !!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Candy, perhaps there will be a time when you may come back. Until that time comes, fare thee well.

*sniffle*

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.