Thread: Oscar gave Jack the beats

Oscar gave Jack the beats

Well today Jack learned his leson about over bulling Oscar.

Begining of story:

Oscar & Jack share the same tank (40G). Oscar is a Tiger Oscar (HUGE) & Jack is a Jack Dempsey (TINY). Well Jack has become a food bully, he doesn't like to share with Oscar & Oscar just lets Jack walk all over him. Oscar is just to friendly, UNTIL TONIGHT!!

Oscar finally grew some &@!!$ & layed the beats to Jack, by opening his mouth as wide as he could (Jack could be swallowed whole) buffed out his gills & charged Jack until Jack was scared poopless... Oscar being Oscar didn't touch Jack, but gave a good fishy beating... If Oscar really wanted to he could catch Jack & eat him, but as I tell everyone who comes to see him, hes a gentle giant.

I just wish I had my webcam on so I could have recorded it, it was so funny. I've never seen Oscar do that to a fish before (only me when we were play fighting)...

Its funny seeing a bully being out bullied... Hopefully Jack will stop being a food bully.

But as a precaution for Oscar I'm getting a pro. filter for my pond so I can put Jack back in it. Or I might get the filter anyway, but get/make a divider in the tank so they can still see eachother but Jack can't bully Oscar.

Heres a pic of Oscar & Jack
    %*(&%@%*(^$@%*(^$@#%& GRRRRRR... scratch that pic for now, I forgot Rob hasn't updated my website which means I have no resent pics of anything in a couple months... I have no idea where he got such an old copy but if I survive my illness tonight I'll try to get him to update it or give me access to his Hard Drive so I can update it...

HA! how funny!! my friends mom has a 50 gallon tank, and her only cichlid is a jack dempsy. hes pretty huge, hes the biggest fish in the tank anyway. but yeah, hes a big bully too. most cichlids are agressive though. but man, good going oscar! haha! I can picture it.. I only have goldfish right now lol but once I have the money to get a 50 gallon tank Id like to get some cichlids. Either oscars or some african cichlids. Im glad theres other fish people on PT.
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Loot into a Red Devil... their awesome

oh yes Ive read about them! they are awesome looking fish. I read they are extremely aggressive though. do or did you have one. and if so was yours really agressive? I was thinking about african cichlids because they tend to be less agressive than a lot of cichlids, and they get along well with other africans.

Margaret (the biped)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Mango agressive? naah, he only kills everything in site. He bit the belly off a large goldfish in 1 bite. There is a good reason whey they have the word "DEVIL" in their name... they r fish straight from hell... They don't even get along with their own kind.
    Soon my Sig will have Mango's pics in it

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what I thought. hahahaha Id love to see his pic, Ill be watching for the sig change.

Margaret (the biped)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)