Thread: Cat-pal tunnel syndrome

Cat-pal tunnel syndrome

I'm sure I'm contorting my arms and hands into all manner of unhealthy positions as I try to reach around the cat on my lap and use the keyboard. Right now it's Kiri, who at least sits still. Kacey likes to sprawl across the keyboard and grabs my hand as I'm trying to type. Cricket gets in my face, literally, and starts licking--not much way to type when that's going on. Lily drapes herself over my shoulders. Fortunately, they do this one at a time--at least when I'm sitting at the computer. When I'm sitting on the sofa, all bets are off and I occasionally find myself buried beneath a rugby-style scrum of cats, getting several colors of fur up my nose.

And stand-offish Angelus, interestingly enough, has been putting in some serious lap time. The really strange thing is that he seems to like to curl up in my lap and snooze when I'm watching the TV show "Angel"--featuring the character I named him after.

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    I occasionally find myself buried beneath a rugby-style scrum of cats, getting several colors of fur up my nose
    Sounds fun.

Re: Cat-pal tunnel syndrome

Originally posted by CatsinDenver
    When I'm sitting on the sofa, all bets are off and I occasionally find myself buried beneath a rugby-style scrum of cats, getting several colors of fur up my nose.
    Yes, sounds like heaven. I don't mind the fur up the nose, it's when it sticks to my face that I can't stand it.

Peanut likes to come up on my lap when I'm on the desktop computer at home. Actually, I think she puts up with my lap as I know she really prefers her daddy's lap.

And yes, it is hard to type when you have a kitty in your lap who is demanding pets.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Awww, sweet Peanut! Such a pretty girl!

That's cute, sometimes I'm on the computer trying to pull the keyboard out with one of my cats in the way. They're not really lap cats, but I wish they were. You sound like you're having a good time
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Too cute and SO familiar!

Basil is my constant companion...so the computer is no different. He has suddenly taken to sleeping ON the mouse.

Noel loves to sit in front of the computer screen...silly girl.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Oh yes, the "look to the left, now to the right.....up, around.....Oh forget it, there is just no seeing around this cat" syndrone. I get that a LOT!
    And then there's the "lets push mama's mouse hand ...... wait ....... wait ........ right NOW!!!"
    And lest we not forget the "I wonder what happens if I step on THIS key" maneuver.
    But, my all time favorite has to be the "let's give mama a head bumpie right after she puts her nighlty lip moisturizer on" I NEVER get to sleep without furry lips.

Kacey is the most technologically advanced of the crew--he once managed to delete a shortcut from the computer desktop. Another time he stepped on the speed dial and the speaker buttons on the phone and called a friend of mine at 6 a.m. one morning. I awoke to a very sleepy voice saying "Hello? Hello?" over the speaker.

Here are my two oldest, by the way (in a picture that's a few years old). Kacey is the gray and white fellow and Kiri is the brown tabby. I really need to get a camera and snap some shots of the rest of the crew.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What cute cats !!!
    and... WELCOME TO PETTALK !!!!

If it makes you feel any better mine are trying to "help" me write my PhD dissertation. Sometimes I bring them into the office with me and when that happens they LOVE to sit right in front of the computer screen an bat at the arrow icon. They have also discovered that the mouse moves if they push it. Needless to say I always have to re-edit anything I have written to check for spelling mistakes (that would go over really well with my supervisor )

peanut

yes i so long for a lap cat too, seems lexie is not one but oh well she is everything else and much more, i love your cat peanut she is the cutest, i could steal her lol
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Re: peanut

Originally posted by carole
    yes i so long for a lap cat too, seems lexie is not one but oh well she is everything else and much more, i love your cat peanut she is the cutest, i could steal her lol
    Thanks Carole. I'll be sure and let her know, but I'm sure she'll get a big head and demand extra treats.

Oh, and Peanut is not exactly what you'd call a lap cat. The only time she'll sit in your lap is when you're on the computer, and ever so rarely on the couch. Otherwise she is stand offish and keeps her distance - except when treats are involved.

Now Tubby I would consider a lap cat. He is always in my lap when I'm sitting down or laying on the couch.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl