Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: how about your LEAST faverite breed?

how about your LEAST faverite breed?

it's a hard thing to think about. but i'm sure i could find a few...

beagles-i'v had a beagle i just don't like the stature.

labs-i do like choclate labs

golden retrivers-it wouldn't be the first breed i choose.

that's pretty much it. just thought it might be an intresting subject.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

The only breeds I don't like are the ones that are ruined by humans. People cause bad dogs.
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

True TheAntiPam.

I like all breeds but the ones I don't see myself getting are Chi's or MinPins (they're really cute but I don't like small small dogs for me). That's about it.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

i agree people make bad dogs!
    Last edited by lute; 03-28-2003 at 03:33 PM.

There are several breeds I cant see my self getting such as:

cocker spaniels. I have had them befor and they were impossible to house train and they ate everything. *the onse I had anyways*

min pin, chihuahuas, greyhounds, whippets, or spaniels.

umm.... Let me think.. I would never get a shih tzu or a lhasa apso, poms, shelties, poodles *of any kind*, because they all need to much grooming.

, bernese mountain dogs, saint bernards, malamutes, great danes. Because they dont live long and they are too big.

EDIT: I would also like to add that i dont like the dachund breed much becauze they are like lil weiners. . I just wouldent own them ....
    Last edited by tikeyas_mom; 08-17-2003 at 06:03 PM.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I hate Chow Chow's.

But, that's only because I was chased by one walking to school when I was like 7. It was scary. And that memory has always stayed with me... who knows, maybe someday I'll love the breed.

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have."
    -Margaret Mead

I don't realy like very small dogs eather

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

I like all breeds, but I couldn't see myself with most breeds of small dogs, like poodles, shitzus, lhasas or any terrier.
    The small dogs I probably can live with are beagles, basset hounds, shiba inus, dacshunds, and a few others. But they don't suit my life style.
    I've been BOO'd!

ya there are 4 chows that live down the road. they are soo mean. i would have to say i hate chows also,but i did help save 1 the other day. it was in a litter of 5,but i could only take one. i gave her to a person that i had seen walk her dogs,they seemed in verry good condition. i asked her if she would like to have it,she siad yes.
    I LOVE SAVING DOGGIES!!!

I think there are more breeds that I like than those that I don't like. Actually it's not that I don't like a breed. It's just that I think some are more suitable for me. At my age now I prefer a smaller dog (under 40 lbs.) and Bella just happens to be almost at that upper limit since she is 39 lbs. For me anyway they are easier to manage. The grooming is not a problem as I have groomed all of my dogs in the past and have been doing all of Ripley's grooming since he came to live with us 2 months ago. We groomed Bella ourselves also for the first 6 months but she has been seeing a groomer of late, as well as getting occasional touch-ups from us in between. I do agree that dogs are most likely a product of their environment although heredity plays a part too. I have stuck with poodles because of their temperament and intelligence, although there are others that I greatly admire as well.

I love all breeds! Growing up with big dogs all my life, I would love to have small dogs as well. Lady takes a lot of grooming all year 'round, and almost every day I have to go outside and brush her. I could see mysel with any kind of dog who has a long coat or requires grooming, because I have already adjusted myself to grooming Lady. I could picture myself with almost any kind of dog. I just love all the breeds.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I dunno, I'd say small dogs, or poodles... But over the years here on Pet Talk, some people have made me love them by all of the photos and stories.

I can't say breed I least hate... and can't even say I hate the dogs in bad hands, I hate the hands they are in instead.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I cant say I hate this breed or that breed. First of all I havent had all the breeds so I dont know there personality. I dont care for St. Bernards--because they are too big--but again I dont know there personality. I also dont care for the Chinease Crested. I just cant see myself with either of those. I also cant see myself with a few other dogz.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Ewww.. chinese crested do scare me though! lol I think they're UGGGLLY! But, that has nothing to do with the dog, and really doesn't matter!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    ... and can't even say I hate the dogs in bad hands, I hate the hands they are in instead.
    AGREED!

I don't see how people can say they *hate* breeds. How can you put such a blanket statement over every dog in that breed category? The only dogs I've ever been bitten by are Dachshunds and Schiperkes. That does not make me go out and say "I hate Dachshunds" , in fact I love them. I couldn't hate any dog, I love them all.

I am sorry for those of you who hate Chows. They are a wonderful breed. I've known so many wonderful Chows.

And grooming a poodle does requre some effort, but its worth it to have their wonderful personality around always making you laugh. And they are one of the very FEW breeds that will not shed at all. How could you resist a face like this:

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya