Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Bunnies!

I think that other animals can eat feeders, I have nothing againts that it is natural. I juat have everything againts ppl eating rabbits, horse, and pigs.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Equinebehaviorist.

A few questions please...

I was wondering about your login name. Are you a trained
    Equine Behaviorist?

You said you use the pelts & meat from some of your stock of
    bunnies. Is there a large market for these products?

You also said you used to be a commercial breeder, but not
    anymore. Who did you sell to when you bred commercially?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Equine,

Your posts about how you breed your rabbits was wonderful! We think alike in breeding respects, I follow the same rules for my rats, except that they are not used for food. You pointed out something that is very important, pedigrees. A lot of people do not understand that pedigrees do not mean much in terms of who is going to be bred. Almost all my rats are pedigreed, but not all are breeder quality. Some are just too nervous/skittish, have had myco flareups or whatnot and therefor not suitable for breeding.

I just wanted to give you a big CLAP for your post!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by lizbud
    Equinebehaviorist.

A few questions please...

I was wondering about your login name. Are you a trained
    Equine Behaviorist?
    Self taught, but yes. My focus with horses is understanding and using their behaviorial tendendicies for training and rehabitilitating abused and neglected horses. Have been in this line of work for about 25 years, since I can remember.

You said you use the pelts & meat from some of your stock of
    bunnies. Is there a large market for these products?

You also said you used to be a commercial breeder, but not
    anymore. Who did you sell to when you bred commercially?
    Out of respect to the ones who are offended by this line of conversation, I will PM you on this. If you all want to know, then post here, and I will post it publicly, but I need to know I am not stepping on toes.
    Job 12:7-10 : But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you, which of all these does not know, that the hand of the Lord has done this? In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. (NIV)

Equinebehaviorist,

Don't know about others, but as for the last two questions,
    yes, i would like to know PM me or whatever.

I would definately love to know more about your experiences
    with horses. Thanks.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lizbud,

I will PM you after this post.

As for my experiences with horses, I have been, like I said working with them for about 25 years, and have been studying behavior, and physiology as well as human psycology to better understand training and rehabilitating them. It is a fun subject to teach to owners and riders also.

I have handled and trained over 250 head of horses in my lifetime, from ponies to drafts, but mostly Arabians, QH, Thoroughbreds, and Morgans. I have handled many stallions, both for training and/or rehab and breeding, have foaled out countless mares, imprinted their foals, lost count of how many horses I have started for riding and "finished" for show. I have trained horses for everything from basic ground manners to National competitions in Western Pleasure and Ladies Sidesaddle, which I adore. I have trained and retrained race horses, both TBs and Arabs. I also train halter for Arabians, QH, and Morgans. I love to help kids with Showmanship. But my favorite things to do are reining and trail riding. The only thing I don't do much of on horseback is jumping, so I am not extreamly qualified there, especially in a competive sense. But, if there is a behavioral or phsyiological situation to be addressed in those areas, I usually can work it out.

I have volunteered my services to equine rehab organizations, and have been attacked, trampeled, kicked, bit, rolled over over, and smashed into walls by frightened, confused and upset full grown horses. But I have also had so many wonderful experiences with abused horses learing to trust and care, and actually looking forward to being handled and ridden after months, and sometimes years of hard work and thinking about what I am doing with them. I am one of those crazy fools who will give a "vicious" horse a chance instead of sending it out to pasture for good, or worse to the knackers.

I have found this to be the most fulfilling thing in my life, next to God and my family, to be able to connect with horses the way that I do. It is a thrill!

If anyone has any more specific questions, we can start another thread, and open it up to everyone. I love to talk about horses and help anyone and everyone, so I am open to questions of all sorts.
    Job 12:7-10 : But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you, which of all these does not know, that the hand of the Lord has done this? In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. (NIV)

You have my respect Equinebehaviorist !!

Your bunnies are gorgeous! good luck with the breeding! And please, post more pics

This is one of my bunny Billie!

Lizbud, you may want to check out the Horse Trivia thread here in Pet General for some info and photos from Equine.
    I have been chatting with her there and she does know her horses!
    Equine, if you want to start a new horse thread I still have a couple of horse behavior questions I have been meaning to ask you.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Okeydoke. I will start one titled ask me some equine questions..... how does that sound?

Thank you Lut, I LOVE your bunny! I had a sweet buck we named Clover who was kindled last summer who looked just like your bunny. He had paw that looked like he dipped it in my goat milk just up the toes. I really miss that guy. The people who were watching my rabbits for me when I was gone for a while this last fall had a toddler who left his latch open and he hopped off. There are alot of coyotes and dogs around here, and since we haven't seen him again, I have to think the worst.

BTW, kit update, 3 out of seven are promised to pet homes already and they won't even be ready to leave mom for another 2-3 weeks. I haven't advertised them yet, either. Fru Fru is doing great and is just a super doll. Rudy is also doing awsome and is just as fun as Fru Fru.