Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingsley needs a new home

No problem Naomi. Some landlords just don't understand. I'm sure Kingsley will find another loving home. Thanks for trying. You are a very special person.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

What a bummer. Stupid landlords!!! Hope Kingsley finds his home soon, wish I could have him. I need more kitty hugs right now!!!

{{{hugs}}} to kingsley

and to Naomi for at least trying to get him!

I am so caught up in this tale! I hope and pray that Kingsley finds the forever home he deserves.

I wish I could do something to help!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

it really makes me sick when people treat their pets this way, i have just heard from my girlfriend about her neighbour , they have had sam for some years , and along came this super friendly puss from across the road, so they asked the people if they could keep him and they said yes, happy is a really smoochie puss, and they two dont get along so u guessed it sam has to go, so cruel, infact he has found a new home not far from his old home, but sadly after 5 days he disappeared, i bet he is on his way back to his old home, their reaction was well i hope he does not come back here, we dont want him. they really make me angry, i can imagine the man doing this but not his wife she is quite a nice person but mind u he is quite dominant over her, really sucks doesnt it. poor sam. People treat animals like they are disposable, thank god for all the lovely people on here who adore animals as i do., they make up for the rotters who dont. well at least a little hmm right got that off my chest, thanks everyone for listening
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

kids versus kittys

u are so right jenluckenbach, it builds up their immune system, i reckon my own daughter gets far less sick now than she did when we did not have a cat, not to mention the other benefits and pluses too, it can be difficult with a new baby i imagine, and people are scared pussy will suffocate them, but it can work and has for many.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    i have just heard from my girlfriend about her neighbour , they have had sam for some years , and along came this super friendly puss from across the road, so they asked the people if they could keep him and they said yes, happy is a really smoochie puss, and they two dont get along so u guessed it sam has to go, so cruel, infact he has found a new home not far from his old home, but sadly after 5 days he disappeared, i bet he is on his way back to his old home, their reaction was well i hope he does not come back here, we dont want him. [/B]
    Boy, does this story make me both mad and sad. Why would your 1st baby have to be the one to lose out? I guess it is like a divorse, if you tire of the first, you go on to the second. very very sad.

Originally posted by carole
    two dont get along so u guessed it sam has to go, so cruel, infact he has found a new home not far from his old home, but sadly after 5 days he disappeared, i bet he is on his way back to his old home, their reaction was well i hope he does not come back here, we dont want him.

Why is it that SAM had to go? He was the first one there! I'm sorry, but what did HE do wrong to get kicked out of his long time home?! And they DONT WANT HIM?!!!!!!! THat makes me angry. And that they don't care that he's disappeared???? He probably was scared and depressed at his new home, who probably didn't pay him much mind either, so wondered off... I can only hope that some loving soul has found him and his giving him the love he so deserves.

sickening it is

i know i was so mad and sad when i heard about his, i know the people a little , they live about 100 yrds down the road from me, but not well, but i must say if i see the lady and she says hello i think she will be getting a piece of my mind, not that it will do much good, i wonder whats happenend to poor sam, as i said to my husband my new cat lexie is so different in nature to ash, he is a real grouch and can be rather scarey, but i love him so much i would never part with him, he may have been dumped because of his nature, or he may have gone like that because he was mistreated, i will never know, but i could never part with him regardless.
    lots of cats and kittens get dumped in my area, because i live by the university, lots of flats, start up and they get a cat or kitten then at end of the year they just move on and leave the cat, it makes me hopping mad, is suspect my ash was one of them, i wish i had known him as a kitten i am so certain he would have been real cute, today he hopped in my laundry basket, yes with my nice clean washing and lay there all snuggled and smoochy my clothes, he just loves the smell of the fabric softener, i have never owned a pussy quite like him. he has does most unusal things,he is a real character, and thats the part i love of him most.
    I will let you all know if i hear any news regarding sam, but i guess he will be another stray now poor thing, i am so cross with them.
    Furangels only lent.

RE: SAM

Dear BAT GIRL and Carole:

I could not agree with you more...what could be wrong with people who would give up one pet in favour or another??? What COULD they be thinking, if anything???

Like each of you, I believe that if you take a pet, you take the pet for the life of the pet, however long that may be!! We seem to be living in a "disposable society", if you know what I mean. We are prepared to get rid of any pet which does not please us for whatever trivial reasons. It makes me so MAD, I cannot contain myself.

What can we possibly do to educate people that pets are not disposable?? They are living things with thoughts and feelings and a full range of emotions.

Carole, I am SO sad for SAM...is there anything that you could do if you can find him?? Maybe you could take him to an animal shelter....no one would have to know that you had helped him...I feel so sad for him; obviously he knows that he is not wanted; my heart breaks for him over here in Montreal...regards from Deborah
    One cat just leads to another - Ernest Hemingway

poor sam

thanks deborah, if i could i would do something, but i dont even know what sam looks like, i have only briefly seen him oneday when they were at the vet, i am not like friends with them, just know them as neighbours of my friend, they are a couple in their 60s i would say, so i cannot see for the life of me why they cant keep him, they can afford him, he used to fight with the new one, so they did not like that, but hey my two dont exactly love each other either but thats no reason to do that, they should never have asked to keep happy, he already had a home, but i guess it cant have been up to much, as they gave him up very readily.
    I shall ask my girlfriend on thursday if she has heard anything when she comes down to c me. keep u posted if i hear any news, i am suprised he has not turned up at their home, as his new home was not far away at all just around the block so to speak.
    lets all pray for sam , that he is ok.
    Furangels only lent.

We had cats before my kids were born. My kids have never had any allergies to anything. I'm sure having a baby is just an excuse, I could never give up an animal for such a reason.

RE:Sam

Dear Carole and CatLady1945,

Carole, it would be great if you could find Sam, but you need more information in order to do that, for sure! The way you decribe the owners, their treatment of Sam is even more surprising. They sound like the type of people who like to take the "easy road". It is possible for cats to get along, but introducing a new cat to a cat already in your household takes time and patience. AS WE ALL KNOW!

CatLady1945, yes, I think that having a baby or whatever big change occurs in a person's life is probably just an excuse to get rid of a cat or a dog. It makes you wonder how much they enjoyed and valued the pet before the change occured.I am always amazed at the callousness of human beings when it comes to the treatment of innocent animals, especially cats and dogs who are dependent upon us for absolutely everything! However, if one stops to think about how people treat innocent people, not to mention the animal issue...well, it boggles the mind doesn't it? Regards from Deborah in Montreal
    One cat just leads to another - Ernest Hemingway

Update on Kingsley

Well, here's the scoop. And I quote from Kingsley's Aunt:

"She has realized that she was being rash and crazy and that her inlaws and husband have to back off and that she is going to keep Kingsley and has promised me she will give her at least 20 minutes of "Kingsleyonlytime" a day, to start and that she will clean out her box more than once a month!!!"

It's a start. So hopefully Kingsley will be much happier. Keep prayers coming.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

no news on sam i am sorry to say...

Yes i am afraid i cant see what i can do to find sam, i just found out sam is a girl and was quite a sensitive cat, my girlfriend said sam had not turned up at the owners house, so we dont know where she is, i hope she is settled into a new home with kind people poor little thing, apparently my girlfriend just saved sam not too long ago from being put down, she was oh dear scratching the furniture, god how awful she suggested something and it worked so sam got to live, they really make me sick these people, i think if i c them in the street is shall snob them, i am too angry to speak to them.
    lets just hope for the best for sam, is all we can do really.
    Furangels only lent.

Regarding Sam: I'm still so upset about that! (and with all the stress in my life right, i sure don't need that !). I just can NOT understand people like that. I am just hoping that Sam is in a loving home now where she knows she is wanted and loved. Poor thing. I just will never understand people that can just toss a cat at the drop of the dime, or for any reason. I would NEVER do that to my babies!

Regarding Kingsley: YAY! It's about time his mommy smarted up about his regal self. I am hoping that she keeps her word and he gets Kingsley only time, and lots of love, and that they see that having a baby was not a reason to throw out Kingsley!