Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **UK Men Die in Iraq**

**UK Men Die in Iraq**

British servicemen killed in action

Date Number of dead, and names if released Incident Unit
    25 March Two: Corporal Stephen John Allbutt and Trooper David Jeffrey Clarke Killed by 'friendly fire' outside Basra Queen's Royal Lancers
    24 March One: Lance Corporal Baz Stephen Killed in action at al-Zubayr near Basra 1st Battalion The Black Watch
    24 March One:Sergeant Steven Mark Roberts Killed in action at al-Zubayr near Basra 2nd Royal Tank Regiment
    23 March Two: Flight Lieutenant Kevin Barry Main, Flight Lieutenant David Rhys RAF Tornado shot down by 'friendly fire' over Kuwait 9 Squadron, RAF Marham
    22 March Six: Including Lieutenant Tony King, Lieutenant Philip West, Lieutenant James Williams Two Sea King helicopters collided over the Gulf Royal Navy's 849 Squadron
    21 March Eight: Including Captain Philip Guy, Lance Corporal Llewelyn Evans A CH-46 US Sea Knight helicopter crashed killing all on board 3 Commando Brigade

I wanted everyone to know the names of these men who have given their lives in this Iraq War. It's just so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with their grieving familes. I hope God will give them the strength to get through this traumatic time.

This was sourced from the BBC News Web Site.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

It is so sad that all these brave men had to to die in this war. My thoughts are with their family and friends.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Lynne thank you for posting these names. We are all praying for their families for comfort at this time. I know the US is grateful for the commitment that the UK has made to this war and feel the loss just as deeply as if they were our native sons. One can only hope that this will be over quickly and all of our brave men and women can hurry home.

Lynne, thank you for putting their names on, we pray for their families, we know the heartbreak the families are going through and we appreciate the sacrifice they made along with US troops to save these Iraqi people and make the world a safer place.
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

lynne,

prayers for those men, their families and your country.
    thank you for standing with us.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

prayers for those men, their families and your country.
    thank you for standing with us.
    Yes, Thank You! You're country is great too!

Thank you Lynne for posting the list of our British Servicemen who have lost their lives. Sending prayers for their families and friends.

Chris

Every morning I e-mail my friend who lives in Staff. England.
    (she is my support and helps me relieve my vented up
    feelings.)
    I pray daily for the brave British and American soldiers
    who are risking their lives, and I pray for the families
    who have lost their children.
    Thank you Britain for being their.

----<---<--<{(@

Lynne,

Thank you for making all aware of the brave British soldiers who have given their lives in this fight to rid the world of yet another ruthless dictator. Thank you all for standing with the U.S. in this fight. My thoughts and prayers are with all the fighting men and their families as well as those who gave their lives.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

terrible times

so very sad, yes mates we are all in this together. united we stand.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

i listened to the joint news conference today by bush and
    Tony Blair.

is there any way we can switch leaders every other month??

-faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

hi

hey mate sounds a brilliant idea lol cheers
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

one of the last stories on the network news last night was
    the story of a royal marine (sorry had the tv on as background, missed the guys name) who was shot four times in the head.
    the picture showed him, helmet on. smiling up a storm.
    seems his was in a fire fight when the bullets came his way
    all struck his Kevlar helmet, saving his life.

from the BBC broadcast,

an interview with the youngest pilot in the combar arena, i think he was about 6 years from shaving....... he flies a Harrier and was involved in his first combat mission.

god bless the Harrier and Tornado pilots.

The UK (and the world) should be VERY VERY proud of the these RAF pilots...they fly the dirtiest mission profiles and pretty much get no recognition for it.
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Thank you Lynne for posting this; and how timely. Just this morning, when I heard that yet more Brits had been killed or held POW, my heart sank. I wanted to post here my personal thanks to you, your nation and your brave, selfless sevice men and women for their incredible support and their service. You Brits are ALWAYS there for us and I hope you know that Americans do and have always admired you for your courage, your dedciation and your unfaltering friendship. And I agree with Richard...can we borrow Tony Blair every now again?? No matter your feeings on the war, he truly has the strength of his convicions. Thank you Britain, from the bottom of our hearts! And Australia and New Zealand!!...(Canada, we still love you)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

The New Zealand government does not support the U.S. in this. They are sending no troops, just humanitarian aid.

Australia is sending troops, though.