Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **UK Men Die in Iraq**

Just meant thanks for being a good friend; not necessarily supporting the war

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Ah, right.

But actually, America and NZ have had some major rifts recently. There was a bit of the cold shoulder to NZ after it wouldn't allow ships with nuclear weapons in its waters. After that, the US wouldn't talk to or deal with NZ. It's only been in the past couple of years that the two countries have been on talking terms. And the PM pretty much blasted Bush the day he declared war.

So, it's a bit of a troubled relationship.

Oh well, to each his own. At this point you either support the war or you don't and the countries that don't, just don't, so leave them alone...forever.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Oh, I'm such a sappy optimist! My glass is always half full! This world is so complicated, it's amazing we all get along as well as we do! I think all natl. leaders such be forced to visit the Dog House as Pet Talk at least once daily. I'll just bet they'd iron out their differences in no time flat...just like ALL OF US!!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Don't be so sure, most of them aren't as bright as the members on Pet Talk! lol

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by Sandra
    ........And I agree with Richard...can we borrow Tony Blair every now again?? No matter your feeings on the war, he truly has the strength of his convicions.
    You are so right about Tony Blair though Sandra, he really believes that what he was doing, and has done, is the right thing to do. When I saw him on a TV programme (a while before the war began) talking one on one with ordinary people, no set up stuff, explaining the whys and wherefores, not arguing, just explaining, to me his sincerity really shone though. I admire him greatly.
    Originally posted by Richard
    The UK (and the world) should be VERY VERY proud of the these RAF pilots...they fly the dirtiest mission profiles and pretty much get no recognition for it.
    Thank you Richard. And we are very proud of them, as of all our servicemen and women.

And a big thanks to you all for the kind words and good thoughts about them, and of us as a nation. I for one am very proud to be called a friend of the USA and to have the USA as a friend to us!

Chris

touchy subject

that may well be true soledad, but that does not mean that many new zealanders including myself are not behind usa, we think of them daily, and we are not responsible for our governments decision on this, however soledad, dont u think enough young men are dieing needlessly why send more to their graves.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

tony blair

from a females perspective tony blair is not bad looking either, sure beats bush there, just joshing with yas, but yes he is a strong man.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

nz and the war

soledad and everyone else u are aware nz has a frigate patrolling in the area right now, and nz army special forces are also unofficially there.
    nz is not equipped to fight high tech war, and therefore would only result in hindering your troops and would probably result in more casualties, we are there in the capacity we can be.
    as i said before why send more young men to their early graves.
    Furangels only lent.

Yes, Carole, but the frigate that NZ has is only under command of Operation Enduring Freedom. It is not their to assist with Iraq.

The government and people of a nation are almost always separate. And while the government has had riffs with the US, most Kiwis are very fond of the US.

NZ would not send SAS or specialty troops to Iraq because it did not believe that diplomatic means were exhausted. This is something that most Kiwis agree with.

(I work in Parliament - I hear this stuff all day!)

ok

point taken, yes most kiwis are very fond of the us of a, and i believe no matter what they would assist nz if we were under attack even though we have been nuclear free for some years now.
    well working in parliament u would have an insight more so than me to what really goes on, i value your opinion, just dont want my fellow friends in the us to think we are not behind them because believe me most people i know are and genuinely care about what is happening over there and to them and their families.
    Furangels only lent.

about chocolate

i was just thinking about the ice cream thing, and wondered if u like our chocolate, surely u must say yes, i think we have awesome chocolate here, i have tried australian and american and only hersheys come close to our chocolate i think, anyway just wondered what u think, crunchie bars are my favourite.
    Furangels only lent.

To be honest, I haven't noticed anything about the chocolate. When I do eat chocolate (which is somewhat rare) I usually eat Godiva or Ghiradelli, both of which are really good, top of the line chocolates.

I'm not a good chocolate expert! Sorry!!

Re: tony blair

Originally posted by carole
    from a females perspective tony blair is not bad looking either, sure beats bush there, just joshing with yas, but yes he is a strong man.
    Ahhhh - so I am not alone in noticing Tony Blair is one fine looking man!!
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

Yes, Maam!!