• no

5 31.25%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please sign this!!!!

humm...??
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

"Hummm?" what?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Here the petshops smell normal, and are really clean. Although they do use pine shavings which bothers me...

At the SPCA, it smells terrible!!! You don't even have to be in the doors before you smell the stench of stinky animals and god knows what...
    They only bathe the dogs, and only pay attention to the dogs and the rabbits. But it's still not enough.

One time I was in the stall with a large german shepherd with hip dysplasia, and you could tell he was in alot of pain, and it was really sad. An employee came in and proceded to try to put drops in his ears. The dog pulled away and was awfully resistant and reluctant...so the employee just gave up and left

I can't wait until I can volunteer there...The small animals are in such horrible shape...The rats are very dirty...you can see the dirt in their fur! It's discusting..they house them alone, and when you put your hands in the cage they bite you...

We don't have a humane society here, and I don't really know what it is...It's just a shelter, like the SPCA?
    I've been BOO'd!

the shelter here does spay you animals and neuter them befor you buy them but you still have to pay for that. You also had to fill out an application to adopt a dog or anypet, And you would only get a what if? I say humm.. because I wonder why the countrys are so different..

They don't spay or neuter the rats though Maybe they do if you ask though, i'm not sure
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    the shelter here does spay you animals and neuter them befor you buy them but you still have to pay for that. You also had to fill out an application to adopt a dog or anypet, And you would only get a what if? I say humm.. because I wonder why the countrys are so different..
    And you should have to pay for the spay/neuter. I may be wrong, but I think you may be confused between "buying" and an "adoption fee." Most shelters have adoption fees, which goes to spay/neuter the dog, as well to help the other dogs in the shelter.

I think it's good to fill out an application for any pet. That means they are trying to adopt the pets out to responsible people, not just anybody that walks in the place with money...like a pet store would do.

The S.P.C.A. here gives you a cheaper price if the animal is already fixed. I think it ends up somewhere in the $60 dollar range...I'll look it up right now...
    They actually just recently started the filling out of applications...they never did before...
    I've been BOO'd!

I think the application thing is good to . but I think it is unessary fo them to come to your house and inspect, they used to do that along with the application filled out. .. they dont do it any more though. I think that it is good they make you pay for the fixing as well I mean geeze it is your dog. lol ..

I went onto the site and it says that the dogs that are already spayed or neutered are $40 plus a $8 lisence fee.
    I've been BOO'd!

makes sence

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    they get them from local ppl, I asked. When the breeders have the pups born they are sold to the petstore ONLY
    Just because their local people doesn't mean they have good breeding practices.

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have."
    -Margaret Mead

I think that stopping puppy mills reduces the amount of dogs and cats being killed because they have no home. If you are a responsible breeder, and you have homes for all of the puppies, then that should be ok. But puppy mills, for one, treat their puppies like dirt, and they don't care at all for them. If more people in the world would just spay or neuter their dogs, and puppy mills are stopped, then I think that reduces the amount of dogs being killed, and more dogs are happily owned.

well then I guess I bought Tikeya from a backyard breeder. or PUPPYMILL. ..
    Me too.. I bought cami from petland.. and we got all of the papers on where to contact the breeder and the names and everything.. I dont think they should stop pet storez from selling the pups.. this is a really good debate! tikeyas_mom you made really good points in here too. i agree totally with tikeyas_mom

At a mall in Canada, a pet store was selling MIXES for $800.

Why on earth would a "responsible breeder" breed mixes.

Perhaps the puppies at the store near you come from reputable breeders, but sadly that is not always the case.

I got Kia from the local Humane Society. It is indeed Heaven compared to local pet shops.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I signed. I completely think that pet stores have no business "selling" puppies and kitties. Handing them money and them handing you a dog or cat, no questions asked, is SCARY. Why can't they do what Petco and Petsmart do - have adoption days with local rescues and shelters. An application process is CRUCIAL and very necessary. I don't care if its a breeder or a shelter, you better know where that animal is going.

I am taking high offense to the things said about shelters. There are good shelters and there are bad shelters. Please don't make blanket statements about all shelters. The shelter I work at takes better care of our animals than most people take care of their own pets.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya