Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you Hug your Dog?

I hug all of them!

Now that doesn't mean that they like it, but they put up with it because they love me & they know I love them

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

yes i do!.....when i wake up early in the morning, before i go to school and before i go to sleep at night
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Hi ya'll!

I went ahead and ordered The Other End of the Leash. Thanks
    for the recommendation Brie! I'll be interested to read the details
    about this hug thing.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I hug Ruby all the time! She loves it, she just smothers me back with kisses

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Dakota's Mommy I was wondering do you ever have any trouble with your female dal and dane fighting?
    Nope, they've always got along great! They act like they're best friends most of the time. We've never had any problems between the two of them! We got really lucky!

I give Cisco hugs and kisses all the time, but I would think though that you would want to be dominant over your dog.
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Hi Cisco's Mom!

I want to be viewed as Alpha through passive means. I don't
    really want to dominant my dog. If he views an interaction
    between us as a challenge, that's not what I want. So if he's
    viewing how I'm trying to hug him, as something akin to rolling
    him over and pinning him to the ground, I'd want to avoid doing
    it. I don't want to find myself faced with a dog taking up a
    challenge I didn't even realize I was issuing.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I hug my dogs ALL the time. Right now I am in Oregon where my Mother was brought for surgery. I came down to the medical library to send e mails. I am now going outside to look for someone wallking their dog, so maybe I can give a doggie hug and get some doggie kisses. My dogs are safely at home with their Daddy. But I MISS them SOOOOOOOO much.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Originally posted by tomkatzid
    I am now going outside to look for someone wallking their dog, so maybe I can give a doggie hug and get some doggie kisses. Katz
    Katz, you sound just like me....an addict when it comes to doggie love. I do hope your mother's recovery from surgery will be swift and that she will soon be feeling much much better.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Rocky is a big teady bear, I can't help but hug him.
    I love giving Rocky and Sheba hugs with kisses,
    but I am sure they would not like
    a stranger to hug them.

----<---<--<{(@

The girls miss katz very much, especially ash-lee, she is such a mommas girl!!!....tom

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Max walks into my arms or he'll jump onto the couch & put is head on my chest & beg me to hug & kiss him to death... & when ur sleeping, he'll open the door first thing in the morning & step on u & start licking u until u can't breath & at the same time he'll lay on u (he weighs 80 pounds) & lick u... it really sucks when ur in a deep sleep with ur mouth open & Max come up to u & tries to shove his tongue down ur throat, its not only gross but it hurts too!!

Actually my dog hugs ME....lol......."Nebo hugs" are rather scarey...to guests that is! They are actual hugs. He'll get up on my shoulders and wrap his paws around my neck and just sit there like that. It's weird!

But, yes, I do hug my dog. He tolerates it, as long as he's tired.

Foxy gets huged every day

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

What's the point of having a pup if you don't hug them? I find relaxation and comfort in hugging my dogs. It is a known fact that petting and hugging animals is great therapy. Once a month, I take Dixie to the nursing home as therapy for the residents. They seem to look forward to her visit and she just sucks up to all the loving!