Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: could use some cheer

could use some cheer

Hi
    thinking about this war and all is really depressing, whether you agree with it or not, all this talk about , oh seal your house(really lame) or buy supplies(my mothers idea this morning, and I lost my temper, not at her but at the whole thing. then she got mad at me for interrupting her....
    anyway, I just thought that we could maybe post things to cheer each other, like more happy proverbs or any kind of happy news (they do still have that don't they?)from a tv show or magazine or any source, just something light to read, that is happy topics.
    since I am starting this thread, I should have something to start it but I don't. I will look for something to post today.

Here's a cheery little milestone for you! My youngest niece just learned to say that all importnant word - Chocolate! Okay, she's 19 months old, and until this weekend, when she wanted something to drink, her mom would open the fridge and Marilyn would point to her choice when Mom Jenny asked "Juice or Chocolate milk?"

But this weekend, before they got to the refrigerator, Marilyn looked up at Jenny and said "oklate!" Close enough! She's my girl!

I need some cheering up too. I'm trying not to think about this war because it will just depress me so bad like Sept 11th did.

How about pictures too? Pictures always seem to cheer up this bunch!

Lets celebrate new life! I have a thread in Dog General with more pics of these babies

Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Its seems like the war is just around the corner, and I believe it will probably start in a day or two, or sometime this week. I can't believe this. I'm really cranky and upset right now. I don't want to have anything to do with the news, but what can I do. Its reality. Its time for poor kids to be killed again. I hate war. This is as painful as 9-11 was. I can't even imagine what those poor people are going to be going through. Its not fair. Nothing's fair. I wish I was never born in this so damn evil, wicked, cruel, and injust world.

Anyway, I really need some cheering. I'm DEPRESSED.

The only thing that cheered me up was the news of Elizabeth Smart being reunited with her family safely after being kidnapped by that devil.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 03-18-2003 at 01:01 PM.

Karen
    thanks! that was cute! oklate! she sounds like a little angel.

Aly
    I will look at the thread you mentioned, that pic is adorable!

thanks to you both!

Popcornbird, I was hoping this could be CHEERY thread, ok?

Speaking of cute kiddos, my little 3 yr old cousin and I were talking the other day. I asked her where she lived and she said "Hoooston" and so I said "No, you live in Austin", and she replied "NO I LIVE IN TEXAS!!!!" I kept trying to tell her that Austin was IN Texas and she thought this was the silliest thing she's ever heard. She kept laughing at me!

Later on, she gave me a ripped up magazine and said she made it for me

Here's a very CUTE cheerful site:
    Funny cat pictures
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

u want happy? well have a got a cute pic for u (I hope u haven't seen it yet but here it is... Its my old fart in his winter clothing

Isn't he super cute?? He's been wearing a coat & booties since her was 4 yrs & he's now 9 yrs old... If he doesn't wear his booties in the cold snow (must be below -10C) he'll fall over on to his side with his paws in the air & start crying. Thats when we discovered he's not a winter dog at all & he would only be outside for a few mins just to do his doggy business. I bought him the coat because I noticed it wasn't only his paws that were cold but he was shivering too. But when we put his booties on hes gets very excited & he'll start to run & jump in the snow (he loves the snow) & of course hes never thinking at this point & usually ends up on his butt within the first min. of playing in the snow, because the booties have crappy traction, but he doesn't care & he does it every time we wears his booties & coat...

Oh & the looks we get when I take him for a walk, from the cars that drive by... Its the AWWWWW look at that cute dog, AWWWWW... STOP THE CAR I want to pet him!!! He gets that alot.

I hope that makes u happier cause it always works for me

Originally posted by aly
    Speaking of cute kiddos, my little 3 yr old cousin and I were talking the other day. I asked her where she lived and she said "Hoooston" and so I said "No, you live in Austin", and she replied "NO I LIVE IN TEXAS!!!!" I kept trying to tell her that Austin was IN Texas and she thought this was the silliest thing she's ever heard. She kept laughing at me!

Later on, she gave me a ripped up magazine and said she made it for me

Here's a very CUTE cheerful site:
    Funny cat pictures
    OMG! That's so cute!

Hmm.........cheery? What's cheery? I KNOW! Our pets! Let's talk about our pets' funny actions here. That should cheer us up!

I don't know if I told you this before, but a few months back, I took a shower and came out, only to discover one of my earing was missing. It was gold, so I became upset. I searched the whole house but couldn't find it anywhere! Then, I remembered it was there before the shower, and gone after I came out. I decided to look in the bathroom. I found it stuck in the shower drain. I couldn't get it out. My fingers wouldn't fit, and if I tried, it would've fallen deeper. Panicking, I thought of an idea. I knew how much my birds love gold and go after it at first sight. I decided to bring Muffin and put her in the tub by the drain. Sure enough, Muffin saw the shiny golden earing in the drain. She squeezed her beak in, and got it out! I was SO proud of my little girl that day! As small as she is, she saved my earing! She was a hero!

Now, is that story cheery? Hope so!

I'm trying to think of something, but this is a great idea for a thread--something we all can look at when we're feeling down.
    I'll post later when I come up with something.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

popcorn that was a cute story

Here's a couple of internet bumper stickers on the war, they made me smile

And here's a couple that just made me laugh!

And this, if nothing else, will make you smile

Now, aren't you smiling now?!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I was really upset after seeing rubbish like this in the media: '"This is going to be quantum times more accurate and quantum times more lethal in the first 24 hours of this war than it was in Desert Storm," said retired admiral William Owens, former vice-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. "'

BUT some daring protestors winged their way up the Sydney Harbour Bridge and wrote NO WAR in huge red letters for all of Sydney to see. It looked magnificent on the news If I can find a pic on the web I'll post it.

And Shane saw some of his friends on TV who are in the Gulf on the HMAS Kanimbla. They looked optimistic and happy - very cheering
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

That's why i dn't watch tv anymore. Politics, relgion, war. I hate it all. If it's gunna happen, it's gunna happen and i'd rather not know about it happening and not worry than knowing and worrying.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

The funny bird caption contest is coming up soon, and I believe a dog and small animal contest will be taking place too. Hopefully these contests will bring some cheers. All this talk of war is making me sick.