Thread: Ick

Ick

What does fish ick look like or what are the syntoms (sp?)
    (Katie, you are the best!!! Thanks for my new sig upgrade!!!)

Owner of the Oscar Meyer Weiner...Dog (Teddy)

It looks like your fish rolled in sugar or salt. I learned a lot from everyone here about this.

If you have a fish that has it, head on over to your fish store and get some meds. Fish can die from ICH.

Our silver Molly had ICH the second week we had her and now she's all better. A side effect of the medicine was the loss of color on one of our Bala sharks. So you'll need to change your filter cartridge.

Good luck.

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I use "Quick Cure" from "PRO" (PROFESSIONAL SERIES MEDICATIONS)... opps caps was on... it took just a few days to start clearing up my serious outbreak of ick... u have to take out the carbon in ur filter & leave the rest in... the guy at the pet store toldme to change the water every second day to help the med work in clean water & help kill the ick in the water... I've never seen ick cured so quickly before, so u should get this stuff its awesome... I'll either post a pic of the bottle or get it on my live webcam (if I can get it working again).

King

What Kingrattus said. ^_^ Also, it often helps to turn up the heater a few degrees, the heat will speed up the life cycle of the parasite.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

ok I got my webcam on the net again, I can only show the lable & not the whole bottle, because I don't want to move the cam. It took me too long to get it in the right spot to work decently.

So go to: http://iahu.ca/jess/webcam.htm & then click on "Live Video"

u should be able to right click on the image and save it. The image shouldn't be too big, approx 30K, but more then likely less.

if u see big grey (with some orange) thing to the left of the bottle, its ok, its just Oscar swimming too close to the cam & the smaller fish is Jack.

Enjoy

King