Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Dog Rescue in Progress

Oh yeah!! I feel like I have a stake in this one too, so I'm more excited than words can say. I have had a great day, albeit it tiring, 2 successes in one day!!! Blaze is such a sweetheart. I was expecting lots worse. She was a little tentative when we first got her, but she LOVED Shawna and they played for awhile. When we got to Kalamazoo, her new mom just fell head over heels immediately and I felt very comfortable handing her over. She's only about 1-2 years old and has been about bred to death, so she deserves the spoiling she got yesterday and today ( a hamburger, dinner at a doggy restaurant, a breakfast sandwich, shortbread cookies from the Girl Scouts and LOTS of hugs and kisses). And of course the second success is Amy and Ralph and their new baby....I'm about ready to crawl out of my skin here!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I see Amy has not posted yet. I guess she needs to get all the babies settled. And let Spot meet his new daddy. I don't think Amy is going to leave his name Spot even though he seems to have been named that since he was a pup - a family with a little girl gave him up because they were moving. She left a very cute little letter for the new owners of Spot. She was very upset with having to give him up. She said he was 2 1/2 years old. He was very quiet and the meeting of with his new siblings was so much quieter than anything that would have happened with my crew. They all just seemed to accept each other and that was that!

One of Spot's eyes in encased in a black patch - the other has a black circle around it. So we think it should be named Bandit or Rascal. We went through so many names Satchmo, Zeke, Petey, Boomer, Bosco, Roscoe, Bruiser - I have no idea what they will settle on. When we got him back here, I took my dogs out one by one to meet him. He did well with meeting every one of them - even Dazzi who is our usual questionable one. She doesn't accept everybody at first sight. He seemed to accept Snoopy's and Taggert's enthusiastic welcomes very calmly. I just want to know how Amy ends up with the quiet ones and I have all the noisy ones. It doesn't quite seem fair. Especially since Snoopy should have been hers. - But again that is another story.

That all sounds so Wonderful....sounds like hes' house ready and all...2 1/2..hope he accepts a new name....So Glad that Cincy and Sadie were in Agreement!!!!!!!!!!

We followed the Snoopy story since day one.....Love him...and all your other noisy ones!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I talked to Amy about 1/2 an hour ago and she told me to post and tell you all that things are great, but she hung up when they were starting to play and there was a little bit of growling going on, but like Mike said, that's probably just nerves. She loves him and said that he's very quiet, just like Mom said! He does have worms, but has had the first treatment already and should be good to go very soon. 560 miles round trip! WOW! That's dedication. She said that the vet that he went to was going to fax her his records tomorrow and he is in West Virginia. She said that you could see the bridge to WV from the shelter. She was going to eat dinner and settle the dogs down, but told me to post and let you guys know that all is well!! Yeah for us!

Mom, you are an angel too for going along for the ride and helping out. I'm so glad that you joined us!! Welcome aboard.

Yeah Mugsy!!!!
    Thank You for the Update!!!!!!

The Natives were becoming restless!!!!!

I know that they need time to settle!!!!!
    They'll be fine after a little time,and a game of this is MY bed,this is YOUR bed!!!!
    Don't you think???

Amy must be in her Glory!!!!!!

And A Big Yeah to Yourself and Mom!!!!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

That's what I told Amy and that's why she told me to post!! lol

I'm finally here and posting!! Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but as you have heard it wasa LONG trip and worth every mile! Things are going well so far. We finally got some play about the time Molly and called dinner was ready so it got a bit hectic for a few mintues. Cincy was doing alittle growling, but Sadie and Spot seemd to jump right into the playing. They have been tearing around here off and on since (and Cincy has now joined in more calmly)

I think we are going to change his name, and I am sorta leaning toward Satchmo or Bandit (but I love some of the other suggestions esp. Domino and Nati)

He seems to be a very sweet and well trained dog. he is doing well with coming and was showing off his tricks of shake, rollover and sit pretty. He also have given 3 kisses already (although I have yet to get one )

Thnaks for everyone's support and well wishes! We keep you updated and try and gt some pictures soon!

A HUGE THANK YOU to my Mom and Dad for driving us all down there!!!! Welcome to PT MOM!!!!

Yeah,Amy!!!!!
    so glad to see you on!!!!
    Soo glad all is going well!!!!!!!

How does Ralph like him?????
    If you didn't get one of the 3 kisses,who did???

Maybe hes' a Hubby dog!!!!!

Hope that you read through the thread!!!!

Just Wanted to Congratulate you on your new addition!!!!!
    I know that you are tired....so that now we know that EVERYBODY (You,Cincy,Sadie,Mugsy,Mom,Ralph and Sweet Spot)
    is well...we'll let you get some rest...and look for updates later!!!!!!
    {{{HUGS and TREATS to All!!!!}}}}}}}}}
    The Deli Dog

Congratulations to the new parents.

Wow...such excitement here today at Pet Talk. I miss so much so I am glad I didn't miss this one. This really has been such a heart warming event and to everyone who made such a big effort for this dog, good work and may God bless you. I look forward to hearing the updates. Now everybody, go to bed and get some much needed rest.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Anybody notice the "Mom of 3 wonderful dogs" under Amy's user name??? He he he. I think he's a keeper!! YAY!!

Originally posted by delidog

How does Ralph like him?????
    If you didn't get one of the 3 kisses,who did???

Ralph got them all!!! The seem to be bonding well...Spot let Ralph clean his ear's without a problem and was enjoying a brushing. Now he is asleep behind the couch and the girls are in their normal place, asleep on the couch

Yep, I would say that Ralph has himself a new Doggie!!!!!

AAAWWWWW!!!!!
    Yes,mickey76...I love Cincysmoms' new Title...Momof 3 WOnderful Dogs.....

Hes' got a forever home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are all soooo happy for you guys....

when does he get his own bed??????

Will Cincy and Sadie share anytime soon??????

Cannot Wait for Pics!!!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

CONGRATS to you Amy!!! Thanks for saving that baby's life. I am so excited for you. New arrivals are so fun. I've been thinking about ya all day.

Let us know when you decide on a name and take LOTS of pics!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Congrats, Amy!!!!!

WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

ALL the angels were very busy today!!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)