Thread: Stock up on bug spray!!!

Stock up on bug spray!!!

The West Nile virus is spreading...it came from Africa, and then the U.S.... In Canada, It started in Ontario (from Africa as well) but has now moved to Across to B.C. I was surprised to hear that even dogs can get it...I'm not sure on the details, but a friend told me that it starts out with flu-like symptoms and kills you in 20 hours...heres something I copied and pasted off the net:

Protect your dog from mosquito bites: With Spring only two weeks away, the dreaded carriers of the West Nile Virus will return with a vengeance to most parts of the U.S. A new flea, tick and mosquito repellant available for dogs, K-9 Advantix, purports to banish the threee most common parasites known to carry dreaded diseases, including West Nile. [Yahoo Biz News]

(We just purchased some K-9 Advantix for our dog; the cost is nearly identical to Frontline Plus, our dog's current flea and tick treatment medicine. I don't know how well Advantix works, but I think it's worth a try; our dog suffered many mosquito attacks last summer. They wouldn't leave any of us alone. My ankles and our dog's face became their landing zone. He fought back by bug-zapping them. He'd bite the mosquitoes right out of the air and swallow them with a smack of his lips: smack, smack, smack... )
    I've been BOO'd!

I will be checking out more about the new treatment. Thanks for the info.

oh thanks for the info! I will definately go find some verry soon.

I will have to check with our vet. We use Revolution for flea, tick and heartworm--I wonder if there's something different she could give us.
    Thanks for the info!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

thanks for the info, but living in the US Virgin Islands doesn't seem to attract the West Nile mosquitos. We never had a problem with killer bees either. I guess we're lucky.
    "when life gets tough, get a dog."