Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of new members!

Hybrid View

Lots of new members!

A lot of new members joined yesterday - 42 if my count is right!! Wow, that's a lot in one day! I wonder if that's also a record.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

In the almost 3 yrs. I've been around, I've never seen anything like it! Kind of strange, if you ask me. We've haven't had so many responses to a weekday DOTD in my recent memory. Can't say I was too thrilled with some of them...Reuben...a fake??? Please!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

tats
    wow I just saw that you are close to 8000 posts! that has to be the highest? were you the first member?

Hi Mary! Hmmmm, I can't remember exactly when Karen started the Pet Talk portion of POTD...but it was in 2000, I think! Logan, Rachel, Pam, Sue (Sudilar) KYS, Sammi, Jackie and a lot of old timers who are still around all started around the same time. We've grown to quite a family, haven't we!! I think there are newer people though who post at a far greater rate than me!! It's only a matter of time before they (you maybe??) take over the top spot!! Part of the reason I have so many posts is that in my almost 3 yrs with Pet Talk, I haven't once missed a reply to the Dog, Cat or Pet of the Day! Over the course of a month, that adds up to a lot of posts! It was the reason I first joined and it is still my 1st love! I just melt when I read of the love others have for their animals!!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

How do you know that many new people joined?

I must be blind, or can't see for looking
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Paul started a thread about it yesterday and I noticed that there were tons of new, first time posters in POTD and DOTD...I think Paul's thread is not far below this one.Who's talking about Pet Talk??

As usual, you are able to answer my questions!!!

I will go in search of the post now ........ Thanks!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I AM FURIOUS right now at those people claiming DOTD is fake! What in the world is going on in this place?????? I can't even post anything right now because I am SO MAD! I hope those stupid posts can be deleted.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Yes - I thought that was a silly thing to say too!

The thought did not even cross my mind

Reuben is lovely!
    M!

Originally posted by aly
    I AM FURIOUS right now at those people claiming DOTD is fake! What in the world is going on in this place?????? I can't even post anything right now because I am SO MAD! I hope those stupid posts can be deleted.
    What a wierd thing for someone to say. A fake DOTD...stupid people.

I'm sorry your're mad Aly....just ignore stupid people...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

It's so upsetting...what must the family think??? Comments like that are so hurtful to the proud family and take away from a very special furkid's day of honor. Please, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything. We love our Dogs of the Day!

Tats

Ditto that!
    M!

I completly agree with you Sandra...I can't believe that anyone would even think that let alone SAY it!!! It's soo rude...and I am horrified!!! Hugs to Reuben...he's precious!!

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    It's so upsetting...what must the family think??? Comments like that are so hurtful to the proud family and take away from a very special furkid's day of honor. Please, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything. We love our Dogs of the Day!
    I agree!!! and that goes for the Cats and Pets of the Day too!!!

Aly, I private messaged those people, and deleted those posts. One of them had a nice conversation with me, too.