Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Clothes

Pet Clothes

I just answered the poll about pets wearing clothes. My Allie doesn't like to wear her coat, but she does when it is cold. She goes with me everywhere and in the winter, I don't want her to get cold going to the car and getting out. Does anybody else put clothes on their pets even though they don't like it?
    Feeling down? Look at your cat!

Former User Guest
    Nope, we don't do that.

Kelcee would NOT stand for that. On Halloween I put a scarf on her and she lays down, can't move. She thinks it's just for the dogs. We do dress the dogs up then. We went to a Halloween contest for dogs last year. It was great fun. Ashlee was a clown and Nina was a pea. I'll post some pic's when I get on the other computer Our girls wear scarves a lot of the time.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Speckles, No. Max, he gets dressed up in his finest burrito wrap for his med-taking.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

NOOOOOOOOOO! I would end up in hospital with severe lacerations to everywhere on my body if I tried that with Bastet!

She gets the burrito wrap with medication as well.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

I don't like dressed dogs very much . I never understood why people have their poodle shaved and then make it wear a jacket ...

But do some people also put a coat on their cats ??? Sounds quite odd to me . My cats would simply refuse that

I asked Tigris about that. He lifted his paw and looked with a very pensive look at his five knives.
    So my answer is: No I will never put clothes on him.

Another clothes story: The daughter of friends, Tina, 4 years old, was caught when she tried to put clothes on their cat Samson and she tried to put him in a doll's bed too. We told her that Samson didn't like it and that he might scratch her. She started crying and called: Wooohooo, but Samsy is my friiiiiieeeeend!!
    The very female theory behind that was that Samson being her friend, he had to accept anything she wanted

Originally posted by Barbara
    I asked Tigris about that. He lifted his paw and looked with a very pensive look at his five knives.
    So my answer is: No I will never put clothes on him.
    I can't imagine Juni stand still for 1 sec to put something on her.

I've only put clothes on Basie...he tolerates me. (my little love ) What I've put on him is strictly for pictures for Pet Talk. Like a halloween cape and hat...which lasted about three seconds.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

no clothes for my boys, but they have furr. I think I've read that you need a sweater in winter for hairless cats.

No Way! I'm so attached to two hands and ten fingers - I'd like to keep it that way!!! My three are quite happy in their fur coats!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

12. Edwina is shocked, absolutely SHOCKED that anyone would even THINK of putting things on a cat which would cover the cat's natural beauty!!!!!

Next you'll be telling her there are cats who wear hats!!!!

Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 03-13-2003 at 01:50 PM.

Laughing Hard!

Are those udder's under Edwina's outfit??

"A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

I just knew our beautiful Edwina would appear in very short order - isn't she a sweetie-pie in her Biker Hat?

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

15. Are those udder's under Edwina's outfit
    A cow without udders?????? Udderly impossible!