Thread: Hopefully expecting puppies..

Hopefully expecting puppies..

Hopefully we're expecting puppies again! Visa, as most of you know, has fertility issues. This time we'll be trying folic acid supplements throughout the pregnancy. Under the guidance of a repro vet we only do back-to-back breedings with her, which is why it is only 9 months since her last breeding. The thought is that her extreme fever/illness as a pup affected her reproductive organs. She has no trouble conceiving, but probably reabsorbs puppies early on in the pregnancy. Otherwise she's a fabulous momma and I'm excited for her to give us some more great examples of the breed.

As per usual, I have a huge wonderful waiting list, that will probably end up being disappointed by the lack of puppies...But my most exciting home is one in Europe. I'll be sending a female to a breeder in Norway, and will expect two pups back out of her in a few years. The breeder is trying to improve the bone and angulation on the European dogs (and my dogs have plenty of that).

I've attached pictures of the stud, Jake. Some of you may remember him. He is CERF clear and hips/elbows are x-rayed, OVC pending. I absolutly adore this dog. He has a FABULOUS temperament.
    This breeding is a linebreeding one one of the best tempered Belgians I've met, who, at 12 years, is still alive -- has never produced a single health issue in 3 litters -- and all of her siblings are alive execpt one who recently passed away -- and her dam lived until 15 yrs. So I have high hopes for these pups! Alot of really long-lived healthy dogs in this pedigree.

I might breed Visa once more next year.. and then she'll be spayed and retired, and back into the agility ring. We had a great time at agility the other night. I can't keep up with her, she's nuts. I need to get her back into some advanced classes so we can trial next year. I'd also like to try flyball with her.

Oh, and Tandem is good! He will be showing at Tradex later this month. It'll be his first time shown as a special, though he's not very attractive at the moment -- icky teenager stage. If he was a human he'd be gawky with acne and braces. He's in agility classes right now, hoping to trial him next year while I get him ready for his specials career. He has his first breeding planned next year. A very well-renowned breeder in the states will be bringing her female up to him, and I am very excited that he is being noticed. I'll be getting his hips/elbows done in Jan, sent to WCVM, and in June will send x-rays to OFA as well.

That's all that is going on around here. Breeding has been consuming my life the last couple of weeks, driving Visa back and forth to Jake, doing AI's myself, etc. I'm relieved that she is done breeding and I can just sit back and relax, and wait for babies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jake1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	46113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jake6 years.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	46114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jake6.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	46115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jake9.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	46116  

Here's hoping everything goes well, and she and any puppies thrive. She knows what a loved dog she is, and that's most important!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen, she's definatly getting lots of love and attention! I think I spoil her more when she is pregnant.. I liked being spoiled when I was pregnant LOL!