Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is talking about Pet Talk?

Who is talking about Pet Talk?

A lot of people are visiting Pet of the Day today. Many of them are taking a look at Pet Talk. A newspaper, magazine, or TV show must be mentioning Pet of the Day today. At least I believe it is an offline source. Does anyone know who is talking about us?

Paul

Former User Guest
    Can't you check it out from your admin panel?
    Maybe your site is Site of the day somewhere?

Are you just wondering this, or is it true? I suppose maybe someone advertised your site on their's or something.

I have thought sometimes that IF I would write a PhD thesis I would write it about PT but no I don't

Not sure, Paul, but a new member who posted on Pet of the Day stated that she got the link from another site because of some issues about today's POTD, who is such an adorable hamster!!! Just wonder if maybe that is where a lot of the traffic is coming from.

Paul mentioned to me that it seems to be an OFF-line source, as people are typing "pet of the Day" into all the search engines, not hitting PetoftheDay.com directly. So if anyone sees it in a newspaper, or hears it on TV or radio, let us know!

to a PhD thesis on PetTalk!

I was wondering too. We've had a lot of guests today. Maybe one of those guests can become a member and let us know?

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by Karen
    Paul mentioned to me that it seems to be an OFF-line source, as people are typing "pet of the Day" into all the search engines, not hitting PetoftheDay.com directly. So if anyone sees it in a newspaper, or hears it on TV or radio, let us know!

to a PhD thesis on PetTalk!
    Just wondering, how do you know if people are coming directly, or by a search?

I do know that it appears in a book but for the life of me I cannot remember the name... something like "Top 100 websites for all Pet Lovers."

I don't have this site bookmarked at work and usually search via Yahoo for it, rather than typin' in the address.

if you find out anything, let us know!

Here's the link to that site, Zippy.

http://www.100topcat.com/

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

That's not the one, Randi -- but what a neat link!!

This was an actual book... and encompassed more than cats. I saw it in Hastings and then again in Barnes & Nobles.

Popcornbird, when you click on a link some web browsers send the URL you clicked on to the new website.

Paul

Oh I see. I normally search instead on typing the address. Don't ask me? I don't know why. Just a habit. LOL

Karen & Paul

If I find out or hear anything I will let you know, but, I wonder, could you do news search and type in pet of the day? I know you said it is an offline source but you never know, maybe it will be mentioned anyway, so you could find the source?

I searched and found nothing. I don't know if many sites are chosen to be on the news, so if PT ever gets that honor, that would be SO cool! (Of course PT definitely deserves that honor!) Maybe it was just a coincidence and lots of people were searching for a pet site..................or maybe some pt'ers were referring the site to their friends and they decided to check it out! LOL! Maybe we can ask BigScot who just joined why he searched for PT.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 03-13-2003 at 01:13 AM.