Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pics of the birds

new pics of the birds

here they are: (and i'm sorry they are not so great)

rocket on his swing and sky in the back

mickey meets the birds:

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I can just see them there, they look very sweet, and happy.

Sky's expression is just priceless in the first pic! I can't see them well though because of the cage bars. Do your birds come out? In the last pic it looks like you have one on your hand. Maybe you can take them out to take a pic or take one through the open door so there aren't bars in front. They are so cute!

yeah, the birds can stay on our hand but my mom doesn't want them out of their cage and she thinks its cruel to clip their wings. i can't change her mind, i've tried one day, i think i will try to take rocket out to snap a pic. sky..well, forget it. she's afraid of everything

thanks i know, i wish those cage bars wouldn't show so much i really will try for the taking rocket out of the cage though

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

They're so pretty! I can see them pretty OK.

P.S. I love the new pic of Mickey in your sig.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Hey Prima! It is nice to see some new pics of your birds and Mickey too! My bird would not be happy if I held my cat Samantha up to the cage!
    Have you tried taking pics through the open cage door like I do? Does your camera have a zoom lens?
    Just keep trying with the camera ready and you should eventually get some good pics. I know it has taken me a while to get some good ones of my bird.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Originally posted by primabella
    yeah, the birds can stay on our hand but my mom doesn't want them out of their cage and she thinks its cruel to clip their wings. i can't change her mind, i've tried one day, i think i will try to take rocket out to snap a pic. sky..well, forget it. she's afraid of everything

thanks i know, i wish those cage bars wouldn't show so much i really will try for the taking rocket out of the cage though
    Its far more cruel to keep a bird locked in the cage than to clip their wings. Wing clipping doesn't hurt, it grows back in 2-3 months, and its only recommended for the bird's safety (flying in a pot/pan, crashing into windows, falling in an open toilet, etc. Its not recommended to clip your birds' wings in a house that has other pets, so you don't have to clip to take them out. My birds are wierd, they don't even fly with their wings fully grown. I've clipped their wings only 2-3 times because they never fly anyway. My mom used to think it was cruel too until she saw that these critters don't care about flying when their wings are grown! Even if you don't want to clip, you can still take them out and let them explore. They need exercise. Ask your mom if she'd rather be locked in a small room for life or get a hair cut that will grow back to normal soon after.

vermontcat - my mom's camera has a zoom in lens, but i was using my really cheap one for these pictures. its okay, this was the last time i am using my camera. i will try when i can.

popcornbird - i will keep trying to convince her!

thanks!

i love your sig! he looks so happy, playful, and pretty!

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
    Popcornbird the new birdie pics in your sig are absolutly gorgeous! You do so well at photographing them, it was so hard to get good pics of my mom's teils.

Primabella you have pretty birds and Mickey looks like the happiest dog in the world in that picture!

Thanks! My tiels are extremely easy to photograph. All I have to do is put them where I want and pat them on their back. If I don't pat them, they move, but they know that a pat means "stay." Then I just snap! Its that simple! LOL

Tiki tends to attack the camra. lol at least she isnt afraid of it!

Originally posted by Jessica12345
    Tiki tends to attack the camra. lol at least she isnt afraid of it!
    Same with Popcorn and Muffin, but I usually don't bring it close enough for them to reach! I don't think they "attack" it. They seem to want to play with its lens. Go figure.

lol

Originally posted by popcornbird

Same with Popcorn and Muffin, but I usually don't bring it close enough for them to reach! I don't think they "attack" it. They seem to want to play with its lens. Go figure.
    lol