Thread: humane society

Threaded View

humane society

the other day I ALMOST cat another cat!!
    I was at petsmart with my mom and she went over to look at the cats, and like a dummy I went with her...I just can't go look at them , I hate seeing them in the cages! there was one that could have been Cassie's twin! and she acted just like her too!
    I held her, and then the lady there held her and walked her around by the other cats, she didn't hiss, I told the lady I had to think about it...but I was weakening! even though I know it is not fair to bring another cat into the house right now, these cats have just adjusted, I mean last year was really crazy, anyway then my mom told me the cat might have a disease, well that did it, I didn't get the cat! things are going fairly smooth right now and I was not about to have a bunch of sick cats again!
    it makes me sad though because it was LIKE leaving Cassie there, but that cat will be adopted quick, she is so friendly and playful!
    I didn't know that all torties are females?
    anyway the thing that bugs me about the humane society is that they put cats there for adoption, but they are not spayed yet, so you have to go pick them up the next day!! WHY don't they spay them first so you can take them right home, because I just might have then(before my mother said that) the thing that made me walk away and have to think about it was having to go so far to go get her, like with Cassie. its an inconvienece, and they would have more pets adopted out I bet, if they did it differently!
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 03-09-2003 at 12:55 PM.