Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Color Changing Basie

Kelly,
    Those pics of Basie are truly amazing. BUT, it would help me a little bit more if I could see Basie in catson (person + cat). So, would you mind mailing him to me please? Special delivery, of course!! What does the vet say?

Originally posted by Cataholic
    Kelly,
    Those pics of Basie are truly amazing. BUT, it would help me a little bit more if I could see Basie in catson (person + cat). So, would you mind mailing him to me please? Special delivery, of course!! What does the vet say?
    You are too funny! Basie HATES outside....but you are more than welcome to come for a visit!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Wow, thanks for the pictures! That is so cool how he has been changing colors. And his eyes will change at 2??!!!?! We will definitely need pictures of that.

I agree with KAK though, you should keep a journal of when he starts to change, when he seems completely changed, then when he starts changing back. It will be very interesting to look back on when he's older....and who knows what color he'll be. Wouldn't we all be totally surprised if he turned orange next?

PS - I was going through some posts last night at home on my laptop. The laptop was between Terry and the TV, so every once-in-a-while he'd sneak a peak at the pictures I was looking at. When he saw the baby pics of Basil, he melted and wanted to know who that was and all about him. That is the second time I've seen him melt at the site of a black kitten, so I guess I know what I need to bring home if I want a kitten/3rd cat.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks for the new pics Kelly - he's STILL gorgeous be he black, grey or black and grey!! What a beautiful boy he's grown into.
    Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

woa, I didn't realize how dramatic the changes are!! Maybe Basie is just very stylish and enjoys a fur change every now and then. Beautiful kitty regarless of color.

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Wow, thanks for the pictures! That is so cool how he has been changing colors. And his eyes will change at 2??!!!?! We will definitely need pictures of that.

I agree with KAK though, you should keep a journal of when he starts to change, when he seems completely changed, then when he starts changing back. It will be very interesting to look back on when he's older....and who knows what color he'll be. Wouldn't we all be totally surprised if he turned orange next?

PS - I was going through some posts last night at home on my laptop. The laptop was between Terry and the TV, so every once-in-a-while he'd sneak a peak at the pictures I was looking at. When he saw the baby pics of Basil, he melted and wanted to know who that was and all about him. That is the second time I've seen him melt at the site of a black kitten, so I guess I know what I need to bring home if I want a kitten/3rd cat.
    Yes...if he's Korat...their eyes turn green at two. He's only 9 months, so we'll have to wait for that. I think it would be so neat, although, I really love his eyes now.

Could you imagine if he turned orange??? You know how much I LOVE those orangies!!!

That is so sweet Terry likes my Basie.

Two of my recent rescue/fosters (a pregnant mom and older kitten) have similar coloring to Basie! They are black, but they have like gray undertones, and the strangest thing... when you ruff their fur in one direction or another, it is white on the roots... it looks like it's their skin, but it's the hairs!!! I'll see if any of my pics show this!
    ...... well, you can't tell in my pictures so far ... but in this one of Emma (the preg mom) you can see by her face that she is black.. no gray ... no black! LOL!!!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Two of my recent rescue/fosters (a pregnant mom and older kitten) have similar coloring to Basie! They are black, but they have like gray undertones, and the strangest thing... when you ruff their fur in one direction or another, it is white on the roots... it looks like it's their skin, but it's the hairs!!! I'll see if any of my pics show this!
    ...... well, you can't tell in my pictures so far ... but in this one of Emma (the preg mom) you can see by her face that she is black.. no gray ... no black! LOL!!!

When I saw her picture, I really thought of Basie too! How funny....maybe we have a whole new breed!