Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mighty Winchester

I had just finished finished visiting Winchester's beautiful website, lapping up all of his many happy adventures, when I read your sad update I am so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. He truly was a very special and very beautiful boy. It sounds like he had a rough start in life, but once he found his forever family, he knew nothing but love, caring and devotion. I will always remember how sweetly you wrote of his bi-weekly trips to PetSmart with his Dad for a day of beauty and "guy time." I can just picture him perched on Dad's lap, peering proudly out of the window as if to say, "Hey world, look at me!! Aren't I handsome??" Yes, Winchester, you surely were. And even though you now romp happily at the Rainbow Bridge, awaiting that day when you and your family are united again, today we humbly honor you as our never to be forgotten best friend and most deserving Cat of the Day. Congratulations to you beautiful Winchester, Cat of the Day! In life and in passing, you beauty, grace and love have touched the hearts of many. My thoughts and prayers are with you, family of Winchester. Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver, a fellow Maine Coon mix.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

My condolences. Losing a close cat friend can hurt so deeply. It is good that Winchester blessed this earth with his presence, for however short of a time because the time of all is short, and it is good that you loved him and he you and that you have shared that love with all of us on this forum.

Thank you.

Oh my goodness, Winchester is beautiful (in this life as well at The Rainbow's Bridge), and I'm sooooo sorry for the sudden loss of your baby! Like everyone, I went to post my Congratulations, but now must post my deepest Condolences. I got teary-eyed reading what happened, but unfortunately I'm at work and have to hold some emotion in. Winchester's story is so touching--my heart feels a pang today about the loss... I had just visited your wonderful web site and was going to compliment on the great job done with that too! I'm so happy we all still got to meet the WONDERFUL Winchester, who I know is continuing to happily play at the Rainbow Bridge with my Tommy boy, and with all our loved ones who have passed to the "Next World." Many Hugs to your family!!!!

Oh My..I'm usually on the Dog Board and rarely have time to visit the others, unintentially, as I do love all critters..but I know what I love, and Winchester's photo drew me to this post....then when I read your sad post, Christine, I knew it was an omen that I check it out. See? Winchester's beautiful soul and spirit called to ME! I was enchanted by his beauty and regalness. I am so sorry for your loss, my heart cries for you. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Even though you are no longer with us Winchester, you brightened my day today when I saw your picture and read your story. May the honor of being COTD serve as a tribute to you for being such a wonderful kitty.

Thank you all so much! (m)

Win was indeed a character and a beautiful, sprited boy.

If I'd known Winchester was going to be featured, I'd have gotten that update to the POD folks. (I"d also have spruced up my practice web site, so it looked a little less 1/2 complete. Thanks for being patient, all you folks that visited!

I'm sorry to catch you all off guard. I know your hearts are with us.

He's a good boy and we still see him out of the corner of our eyes, or we feel his tail brush our legs when there is no other cat there at all. Interestingly enough, we don't feel his nips. I think we'd pass on that! <LOL>

All your kind words are really appreciated!
    Christine
    Proud & Lucky Mom of Shelby, Morgan, Bentley, Pauley, Tohsa, & Kharma, who misses Scorpio, Sunny, Winchester, Lucy, Hank, Pauley, Laddy & General

"Where there is breath, there is hope."

Imagine that face looking out of a cage. It must have been wonderful to be able to bring him home, and then find out what a great kitty he is. Congratulations.

Thank you everyone.

I read your posts and tear up, but they're sad/happy tears at remember our boy. The quotes and wonderful sentiments I'll store in my heart (and on my hard drive! <g>) for moments of missing our boy.

I appreciate so much your kind words and soft thoughts. Only other pet owners could understand so very well.

Sincerely, and with lots of gratitude and love,
    Christine
    Proud & Lucky Mom of Shelby, Morgan, Bentley, Pauley, Tohsa, & Kharma, who misses Scorpio, Sunny, Winchester, Lucy, Hank, Pauley, Laddy & General

I am sorry for your loss. Winchester was a very handsome cat and I know your cherish the time you were together. I did visit the website and I know your other cats are comforting you.
    Steffi and Lovable

Dear Star Seeker,

I hope you will see this message. My posts to this page seem to be the last in the daily cycle ...

Please accept my sincere sympathy on the loss of your beautiful cat, Winchester. I went to your website and was very intrigued by your wide range of other interests (besides cats). I want to bookmark the page and explore the other things you have there, like yoga and breathing.

I quickly skimmed over the pictures and stories of your various cats. I want to look more deeply later. However, at this point I wanted to say how sad I was to read about the orange kitty whose mistress got a new boyfriend who disliked the cat, so she shunted him off into a room by himself. I am so glad he found a woman AND a man to love him.

I would never be with a man who did not love my cat ... how could anyone love a person who could be so cold-hearted?

Blessings from Martha and Julie the calico princess.
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

Originally posted by fairlady68
    I would never be with a man who did not love my cat ... how could anyone love a person who could be so cold-hearted?
    Amen, Fairlady68!!! Amen!

Bari et al

I agree with you!!!

In my opinion, there's something seriously wrong with a person who would choose a partner over a long-time pet. Something very needy or lacking in self-esteem.

But then, *I* think there's something wrong with people who don't like pets. I think it's a sure-fire sign that there's a warp in there somewhere.

Always trust your pets, right? They know. Our hearts might lie, but not our pets or our gut.

The woman who confined our Hank obviously loved him, because he's just an outgoing, hilarious cat. ... to us. He's terrified of strangers and God forbid he goes to the vet. He spent to much time being loved in a laundry area. Thank goodness our boy has the run of everwhere he wants in OUR home! And this might make people cringe, but I don't even care if he gets up on the counter tops to touch noses and investigate. My home is a cat home and that's all there is to it!

Hmmm. Got myself all riled up, didn't I?

Thank you, ani-mal people!

Christine
    Christine

Yep - A CAT HOME for sure

Christine, our pride has complete freedom here too. I wash surfaces a great deal and often, but they go where they want.

These furry friends give TOTAL UNCONDITIONAL LOVE! I'm not about to set boundaries on them! Their only boundaries are that they cannot go out where they can be endangered.

My hubby and I have often talked and wondered about people who DON'T have pets...don't want their life dictated by their needs, etc. Are those really people we need as friends??? NOT!

Bless you, my friend, for being YOU!

Bari

Dear StarGazer, I was so very sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet Winchester. Your story reminded me so much of when I lost my Genevieve to cancer three years ago. Our cats are so much company that when they depart, there's a HUGE hole in our lives and hearts. It made me feel good to read how you used to cook with Winchester and how he would watch so attentively, nodding wisely in the right places. And how you sense his presence now and then. I only wish that I could sense Genevieve's spirit in our house.

At any rate, Genevieve probably would not recognize the place, because we went out and adopted four cats since she left, and the place is hopping with beautiful Siamese Crosses (three boys, one girl). It took my girlcat, Dinah Lee, to start the healing process though. Bless her nuisancy little heart!

Bless you too, StarGazer, your Winchester will never be forgotten!

Of course, I meant "aStarSeeker" all the time!