Thread: Dog Fancy

Dog Fancy

I buy Dog Fancy every month usually at Petco, and was toying around with the idea of subscribing to it, and today it arrived in my mailbox. I have no idea how they got my name and address, but I got the April issue today. I know it wasn't one of those catalog places that just randomly send magazines, because I had one of those on me last week, and I told them I didn't want their 6 "free" magazines for $30 a month for 5 years
    I'm not sure why I got it, but I'm glad
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

lol cool! i can decide weather to subscribe to the dog fancy mag or the bird talk mag

the FANCY magazine family

i've got mixed feelings about this family of magazines. i heard an npr report last year about how this large company was crushing a mom and pop ferret magazine. i have been a subscriber for at least 6 years (nieces' school project ), but i recently let it lapse.
    i think the cost of the sub is a bit high, given that half of dog fancy is ads, and some from known to me from puppymills, and sometimes the writing in the breed articles is just soso. and yet, there have been useful articles about things i've needed to know., and they do talk about mixed breeds more in the last year then in the last 5 years. does anyone read DOG WORLD?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I get Dog Fancy.. I like the magazines.. hehe, tons of cute stuff in there
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Re: the FANCY magazine family

Originally posted by joycenalex
    does anyone read DOG WORLD?
    I haven't picked up Dog World yet, but I was going to the last time I bought Dog Fancy. I have to agree with you, that there are a lot of ads in there, and it seems to me that in the issues I have read, I have read about some of the same issues over and over again. I'm a sucker though, and if I like the dog on the cover, I'll usually pick up Dog Fancy--I suppose I shouldn't be so shallow, and since I did get Dog Fancy for free this month, I'll pick up Dog World next time I see it.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I subscribe to both Dog Fancy and Dog World. I enjoy both, but do think they have WAY too many adds! I like Dog Fancy becuase it features 3 dogs each month, where as Dog World only features 1. Dog World does put more attention on Dog Sports, such as agility, Freestyle etc. whcih I like. Dog World also lists the events of AKC and UKC, whereas Dog Fancy only lists AKC

I suscribe to both Dog World, and Dog Fancy!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I've been a subscriber of Dog Fancy for at least 2 years now. I really enjoy the magazine. I just sent in pics of my dogs, so look for them in there.

I've never read Dog World, but it looks like a nice magazine.

I read the Whole Dog Journal. This magazine is AWESOME!!!
    The have no ads! None. Zip. Zero. Ziltch. and they never have intention of adding them either.

You can preview some of their articles on the their website.
    http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/

These are a few of their articles for this month:

Heeding Subtle Signs
    A reluctance to perform may indicate that your dog is injured or ill. The sooner you investigate, the more successful any needed treatment will be.

Size Matters
    Secrets to training the tiny dogs revealed! (It's actually not that different from training larger dogs, except you may need to sit down... )

Herbal Wisdom
    The five 'golden rules' of safe and effective use of herbs for dogs.

Fearless Flying
    Travel with your carry-on dog can be safe and easy if you are prepared; shipping your dog cargo is an entirely different matter.

Grand Glands
    Holistic veterinarians use glandular therapy - adrenal, kidney, or thyroid supplements - to reinvigorate older dogs and to treat deficiencies.

Walking in Water
    Underwater treadmills are the latest rehabilitation tool for injured or postsurgical dogs.