Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** Please Help! My Friend Cuts Herself***

*** Please Help! My Friend Cuts Herself***

thats right. She cuts herself when she is stressed!
    Im very scared.... she told me and only me, but i ended up telling her parents.

I cant beleive i told them! now she hates me. o my.

Jessica,

Cutting is a way to transfer emotional pain into physical pain. It is a very serious issue and your friend REALLY needs to seek help. You did the RIGHT thing by telling her parents...she may never understand why you did it, but I do. If that helps at all. You were worried about her and care, and that's all the matters, OK?

You should look on the internet for more information...maybe even give it to your friend if you can.

If you need to chat, I'm here.

~Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

thank you so much Ill work on getting info for her at least.

No problem...you would be surprised how common this is. Its very sad.

Does your friend have a hard life? Is her family intact? Does she have someone to turn to that is "safe"?

her mother and father are divorced. She will ussualy turn to me or her sister in 10th grade I didnt really think her life was so hard, but maybe i was wrong.

This is a very serious condition that requires attention immediately! It is a cry for help. You did a GREAT thing! So many fear to intervene for fear of retribution, but you did the right thing. You're a true friend! Even if she is angry with you now/when she finds out, she will thank you in the end!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Jessica,

Here's what I would do. I know she's mad at you, but I bet if you explained yourself and how you felt, she would understand. Do some research online about the causes of "cutting" and show her what you found. Tell her that you were scared, you didn't know what to do and all you wanted to do was protect her because you love her as a friend.

Hopefully she'll see that you really do care and that you want to be there for her.

It sounds like she needs a good friend like you.

Take care,
    Kelly

I forgot to ask...what did her parents do after you told them?

that is serious and you did the right thing you were scared for you and you friend she can be mad and she has a right to be you told her secrect>>>but you did it for rher own good i agree with whoever said look up info and give it to her that condition is more common than one thinks it is you did the right thing keep that in your head and dont forget it
    wots of wuv,
    ~*~Isabell(RB)&Cait~*~

WHAT IF.....
    they had just given up
    we didnt have to go to war
    no one had to suffer
    WHAT IF.....
    THERE WAS NO GOD?

You did the right thing. It doesn't matter that she is mad at you right now.

Don't carry this burden alone. Have you talked to your parents, or to a trusted adult friend or relative?

Take care - you know you can always talk to people here.

Jessica - YOU DID THE RIGHT THING. Your friend will end up realising why you did what you did, and she will be grateful. I agree with anyone who has posted here. I am so happy you took action, instead of just sitting there watching this happen like most people I know would have done because they don't want their friends to be mad at them. Keep in mind that you did what was best for your friend, and that you did absoloutely nothing wrong.

I am hearing talk that one of my best friends is throwing up her food. I'm not sure if it is true, but once I find out I am going to alert somene immediately.
    Another time, one of the people I used to be friends with attempted suicide. We told the guidance counselor and the assistant principal what she was doing. Then she tried to "pop" (stab) herself with a knife, and the police came to her house. She was then put in an "institustion" and vowed she would kill us (because we told the A.P. and the G.C.). When she was realeased this year, am I dead? No. She realised what we did was for her own good, and therefore, did not even attempt to kill any of us.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

thank you so much everyone! and thanks for your support.

I am very happy right now because after reading your posts i got the courage to talk to her and i read a little about it to her. I said i was sorry i told her parents but i was scared for her and it was for her own good. She still seemed mad, but a few minutes l8er she called back and said thank you. then hung up.

I feel very good right now. I also found out that she is going to a counsler. I really hope everything turns out ok. i dont want anything bad to happen to her.

thank you again you guys. It means a lot to me that you support me.

~ Jess ~

Im glad you told her parents, i was in the same postion once.

That is wonderful news Jess. I'm very proud of what you did, you are a very caring girl.

Let us know how she's doing, OK?

sure thing.