View Poll Results: What where you in High School?!

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Athelete

3 3.70%
  • Pretty Popular

7 8.64%
  • So-So wasnt the most popular but I had alot of friends

19 23.46%
  • MiSuNdErStOoD

10 12.35%
  • So SMART!!

7 8.64%
  • The troble maker!

4 4.94%
  • other

31 38.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What where you??

school was majorly traumatic for me. I WAS the smart one, and kept being told by parents and teachers that the reason no kids liked me was because they were "jealous". Well, that did not make it easier. When I transferred to a very small private high school things did improve, but I would still not consider myself popular, except with the teacher.....oh yes.....teacher's pet BIG TIME.

I am so glad that horrible part of my life is over.
    Me TOO! I was not popular at all...and it didn't help that my parents didn't like me socializing with other kids, so they didn't allow me to be in other activities (sports or music), or even go to birthday parties or anything. I was made fun of a lot, and I just gave up trying. I am so happy to be on my own and get beyond that now!!!

I was a bit a combination of all options . In fact , I was the clown of the class . Meaning : I was always laughing and ..... yep , blabbering all the time ! I know it , some are thinking loudly "Lut was already practising then !!! Of course I was , I had to qualify for Pt-university !

No kidding , I was a pretty good student , si I could afford to be a happy student !! Of course , not all teachers appreciated this behaviour ; so many times I came home with my notes ripped apart by a neurotic teacher ... !

In primary school , I was always bullied by the others . The only reason was that my dad was the local "police" in that tiny village !

But as soon as I was 12 and older , I had a great time !!!

I LOVED MIDDLE SCHOOL!! I went to a small school for 9 years and the eight grade class size was TEN and that was BIG class, then I went to high school, and the class size is like 300! AHHH!! Oh well I love it, Its a a good school!!! I fit in to a "others" kinda a mixe some of my friends are really popular and some are socalled outsiders, Come to think of it everyone in this school has somone unless they choose not to be, hard to explain, but theres this kid sitting in class right next to me now and people tend to be nice to him, they invite him to go to games with them, but he declines rather rude-like, so they just give up, I guess i dont say much because i dont go to dances or games or anything like that I have a few little parties at my house, and thats about it.

-Karen I never ment to generlize and thats why i put and others, maybe i read your post wrong(ive been doing that alot latley) I really dont have a group, I mean I sit on the floor, in the middle of the halway, i run around, with a orange "Send Help" sign. I go up and ask random people if time has stopped. I stand up boldy for what I think is right, and if people dont like me for these things thats ok because I dont care, Ive made enough friends.(whoa of the subkect) ok, but when I started this thread i didnt mean to generalize I just ment to, see what people the pettalkers where when they where younger or are now, I wasnt really looking at the poll, i just felt like adding one. I was talking to a pettalker the other night and found out that they are alot like me, same situations and conditions and it sparked my imagination for this post.

I was bullied in Middle School (wrote a story about it that got in the newspaper right after the Columbine incident). Then came High School (please keep in mind this was OVER 30 years ago !). I had 2 close friends in high school that I still keep in touch with (I'm visiting with Susie, friend since elementary school in CT). Other than that, I hung out with a crowd of kids from a Catholic High School that I did EVERYTHING with! I wasn't smart. Maybe average. I didn't go to any of the senior activities at my school. But at Northwest Catholic High School, I did everything with the gang, and kept a scrapbook that I still have. Ah memories! I wasn't a trouble maker, just wanted to get through it all and did.

And yes, for all you smarta$$ kids, the school and building ARE still standing .

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hated high school. The year I started was the first year girls were admitted, so it was 30 girls and 900 boys. Not fun in the early teen years! A lot of teachers were against going co-educational so we had a hard time. The sports program was just netball and gymnastics which I hated, and the rest was just plain boring. The school used to be surrounded by bushland so a group of us would hide in the bushes during assemblies and classes we didn't like I made some good friends there though, but when they started leaving in the last year I was a bit lost as the social groups were well established. So glad it was long ago!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

In school I'm called a "nerd", but I have lots of friends, I wouldn't trade any of them for the snobby populars in my school. I guess the reason I did not get "popular" was because all through 5th and 6th grade, all I wore were various dark blue t-shirts (hence my dark-blue font). This year I noticed that I looked like a complete weirdo, and now I only wear t-shirts once and awhile. Of course then when I changed my clothing routine everyone called me a wannabe. Geez, like I'd want to be them.

Also, bcause of my lack of confidence. I'm really talkative, around my close friends. If I were to meet someone for the first time, they would get so annoyed because of how much I talk. (of course that's a good thing on here ) But when I'm not around my friends, I'm the shyest person on earth. I do have confidence on one thing, my view on politics. I cannot stop talking about this whole war thing at school, and of course none of my friends have a clue what I'm talking about.

BTW~ I hate school and always will. Not just because of that bullying problem, but because of tons of reasons. School is one of the things that I would quit right away, if I did not need to get a bachelor's (and master's) degree in history/s.s. education. (But I'm only in 7th grade, so there's a long time to go!)

Now see how much I talked about on this post!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Wow .... high school ... that's been a long time ago ... I'll try to remember.

I always got straight A's, and school was very easy for me. So, I thought about voting the "smart" category. But, I didn't want to hang around with all the "smart" kids, because I was also quite a rebel. So I hung around with all the kids on the fringe, the "trouble-makers", I suppose you could say ... although I never got in any trouble myself.

I suppose I walked the line between smart, popular ... and rebellious. I loved high school, and had a blast.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

i am in high school rght now, and I am not smart,not popular, not a nerd, or anything like that, I am just kind of a loner, no one likes me, in elementery school when we picked teams for somthing, I was never chosen and whoever had to have me on their team groaned about it people start rumers about me, I go to a small highschool(Luther collage high school if you have heard of it) and I am always left out of the loop, I am quiet to people who dont know me, and never stop talking to my friends I remember in english last semster, we were talking about how a peron might act to show they are shy, as everyone came up with charcteristics everyone turned and looked at me and laughed cuz I fit EVERY desription perfectly! so basicly I am a shy looser at shcool(and the most outgoing person in my dance class ) lol

cali isnt it funny how in some places you can be quite and shy and in other places you can be so talkitive and bold, me, im shy in new places, but it only takes once and im as bold as can be, mostly at dog training and at school, i love being there. But no matter who you are the rumors will always come to you, you just have to dodge them, trust me I know so many romors about me, I just laugh them off and go on with life.

Originally posted by Karen
    I was myself, and still am. Friends with whomever I wanted to be and respected, regardless of what crowd they were "in" or not in. I do not miss having braces, but my smiling while wearing braces convinced a friend of mine to have them done when she was in her twenties, which she is glad she did! I didn't check anything off on the poll, and I think any effort to "categorize" people is fruitless as best. Could not someone be all of those things, or none?
    I din't check anything off the poll too. I hate to be categorized.
    I couldn't say it better than Karen did.

(Except I have not weared braces , maybe I needed them for my lower teeth, but...)

Ahhhh well, June 1st is my Graduation, but I'll answer anyway - I answered "other" because I don't know how to explain it.

I'm not popular among the crowd, but I'm popular among the athletes/coaches - since I helped out with videotaping football practices/games, basketball games, and keeping score for the baseball team - so I guess you can say I'm POPULAR in that part..
    I don't have a lot of friends, apparently it's hard for me to approach up to new people, but lately, the friends I had, don't talk to me anymore, oh well, go figure. I used to have A LOT of friends before High School started!!

I'm close with some of the teachers I have, just mainly they understand me, I think.. so I'm good friends with a few.. but to the rest of the kids, they jsut don't see me. It's alot like "Don't Laugh At Me" - a song by Mark Wills..

I get good grades, so I don't consider myself as a geek or whatever, LOL. I'm definitely a computer person, though.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I graduated high school in 1970 (probably before some of you were born...). Students were pretty much divided into Hershey's (the beautiful popular people) or the Greaser's (no need for an explanation here).

I fit into the Greaser crowd. I had very few friends, was fat (am still battling the bulge!) and not very easy on the eyes. However, my best subjects were Drama and Music and I excelled in both. I had a very strict upbringing and was not allowed to date. I didn't smoke or drink or do drugs. My first date was high school graduation. Now, many decades later, my motto is "what you see is what you get".

I did attend a reunion in 1995 and most people were stunned to see that I look exactly like my grad photo. Same long hair and everything... Would I want to live those years over again?? Not a chance!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I hate High School, and everyone in it, except for my friends, because the halls are always so crowded and some people are just annoying. Katie (iceyshiver) would even agree with me on that one. But, I guess I would fit under the "other category" because I am not popular, but I have my group of friends that I hang out with. The "Plunky" Group, right Katie!!??
    Last edited by weiner_teddy; 03-12-2003 at 07:06 AM.
    (Katie, you are the best!!! Thanks for my new sig upgrade!!!)

Owner of the Oscar Meyer Weiner...Dog (Teddy)

I chose other because
    1. I was/still a loser
    2. was/still stupid
    3. was/still by far not popular
    4. was/still a loner
    5. i didn't/don't have friends
    6. played magic cards with a group (of 2) of bigger losers, they were the only people that would let me near them, but I learned it was cause the guys had a huge crush on me because I was the only girl in their lives that wanted/continued to talk to them, both of them got me yellow roses on V. day (the last year I was in High school) thats when I learned of their crush & Matt was so imbarrased about the roses he hid from me for a month (the poor guy), but they knew I would never go out with them because I was already with Rob & they heard some scary stories about him (which a childhood buddy told them out of his nice kind heart (he wanted them to stay away from me cause he didn't like them & we are like brother & sister & well we all know brothers protect their sisters, eh))

well I've been out of high school for 2 yrs & in college for 2 (current) & to me it feels the same.

my still & only friends r my pets

King