Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone else with a rescued dog ???

OMG....I HATE the human race. I wish the same fate for the *bleeps* that did that to her. Actually, I wish worse. I wish someone could adopt her. She looks so sweet and nice. How could anyone hurt her (or any other animal for that matter)?? I guess evil people are everywhere.

Thanks for caring for her and loving on her. I just want to pick her up and hug her forever.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Yes it would be nice if someone could adopt her, but she has her own room, They remodled the Kitchen for her she has her own play area and the most important thing is there is 24 hour care for her there and everyone sees her and pets her and she does come and spent the weekends and other days with me, I take her to petsmart, the park, and to all the schools to do pet safety she is pretty here are some pics of some of the people that have donated to her fund. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...6/fc8e50cd.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4/fc8e50d0.jpg
    and there is a website for her

www.pawscolumbus.org

I can't even say here what I think of the people who did this to Noel. They someday will pay for this I believe. Was anyone caught for this? Penalties are getting more severe(not severe enough though). My last shepherd mix was the nicest dog I have ever seen, and someone had beaten her very badly before dumping her at my house. She was 4 yrs old at the time, she got better but never forgot the beatings she endured....tom
    Last edited by tomkatzid; 03-09-2003 at 07:54 PM.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

these are some Pictures of noel at work The first ones are at the home expo show

this one was taken from the newpaper so it is not very clear.

Noel is just beautiful!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Noel is beautiful. Her story made me cry. I'm so happy you are her angel. She's living a better life now. I hope she is seizure free for the rest of her days.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Adopted Rescues

I have adopted 2 Akitas in the last year. One an 8 yo Male, Buddy and the other a few months later a 10 mo. old Female, Geisha. Buddy was a victim of a bitter and ugly divorce eventually landing him abandoned in Montana running free. At some point he was picked up by a shelter in Montana, while there he was attacked by another dog. In the battle his neck was seriously injured by the shelter attandants having to pull the two of them apart. He is still sore and sensitive to this day. He was to be euthanized when Idaho Akita Rescue/Seattle Akita Rescue got together to rescue him. His nickname in rescue became "Grizzor", because he looks like a grizzly bear and walks like Eoyre (sp- winnie the pooh) When I first met Buddy we became great friends, I even fought with my husband to get him. He didn't fight long, once he met him that argument was over. LOL We enjoyed Buddy so much it wasn't long until we brought Geisha into our home. Geisha spent the first 8mos of her life in a crate/4x5 cell. She had never even seen grass and had very little human contact. Her owner planned to drop her and her brother along the side of the round on a cross-country trip when the rescue found them. She stayed with her rescue parents for several months learning many basic things before we were blessed to have her. I never thought of how to teach a dog how to go down stairs. That was fun. She is a pleasure to have, she even helps keep Buddy young and he teaches her proper manners. It is a blessing to have them both. Please refer everyone who wants to add a new friend to thier home and are ready to make a full commitment to save a rescue animal. They come in all breeds, types and etc. Don't let them continue to be abused or euthanized.

Re: Adopted Rescues

Originally posted by Wyendie
    Please refer everyone who wants to add a new friend to thier home and are ready to make a full commitment to save a rescue animal. They come in all breeds, types and etc. Don't let them continue to be abused or euthanized.
    Amen.
    ~Kat

Welcome to Pet Talk, Wyendie, and thanks for rescuing!!! What inspiring stories you all told.
    Last edited by Sudilar; 03-13-2003 at 11:12 AM.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I got my dog from a breeder.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven