Thread: sweet kitty snuggle story

sweet kitty snuggle story

Our little girl Jan isn't much of a lap kitty. She's more like Bucky cat in "Get Fuzzy". But she does have her moments.

Last Saturday my husband and I were sitting on the couch, watching a movie and she was sitting on a chair about eight feet away from us. I remember thinking how nice it would be if she would sit with us, but I know better than to wish for the impossible.

Then she did it! She got off her chair and came over and sat on the pillow in between us and proceeded to be the sweetest kitty in the whole world. She purred and leaned on us and was just so sweet and nice. We were both shocked! She must have stayed there for fifteen minutes or so before she jumped down to go back to her chair. Then one of the male cats walked into the room and she growled at him and we knew that everything was back to normal.

But those fifteen minutes were wonderful.

AWWWWW kitty must have had a sixth sense! I guess she figured "OK, I'll submit to humans, just for while".
    Congratulations. Maybe next time she will advance to a lap?? Let's hope so!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

she just gave you her 15 minutes of fame. Tresure them.

of course it is possible that she is mellowing....you think?

AWWWWWWWW
    That is the sweetest story ever... I bet ya'll almost come off the couch!!!!! Don't you just love it when they surprise you with something super sweet? It just makes you want to squeeze them!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

what a nice kitty story. I hope she comes up more often now.

Leroy lived with me for 19 years, he was an adult when I got him, and only once did he get in my lap. I was very sick, laying on the couch. He jumped up and stayed with me for a few minutes, then left again. He was always at arms length from me, never wanting to be held or petted. Kelcee on the other hand likes to be by my side Lucky for me

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

What a sweet story. I sure hope that she'll continue to do this and maybe sit on your laps some day too. Cats always amaze me. Just when you think you have them figured out, they do something you'd never expect.

Tigris never came to the lap until his sixth year. Now he does -under certain circumstances -you have to sit in the blue chair, with the legs on the footrest -then it doesn't matter who you are. He jumps on your stomuch, looks in your face and starts to knead bread. Then he turns round and settles down in meatloaf position.
    Not on any other chair, not on the sofa

Re: sweet kitty snuggle story

Originally posted by catland
    Our little girl Jan isn't much of a lap kitty. She's more like Bucky cat in "Get Fuzzy".
    I think Bucky is absolutley hilarious!! I've even got a 'Get Fuzzy' page a day calendar - it makes morning so bearable!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Oh, how precious!!! Maybe he will "grace you with his presence" sometime again soon! hehe
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Well, the moment was short lived. Last night, the boys kept hanging around, which turns Jan into Miss Grumpy girl. There's a scratch on my arm as evidence

She does kind of like Sid and Joxer, in her own special way. She'll play with them, but of course on her terms only.

But that's ok, she's still our little girl.

Catland,

I absolutely LOVE "Get Fuzzy" Bucky is a hoot! I swore I'd name my next cat "Smacky" after Bucky's toy. Think Eli fits the bill???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

hmmm, I'm a little slow here moosmom. did you mean that Eli is like Smacky, or that you wished you named him Smacky?

What a sweet story! I bet you and hubby were thrilled. Hopefully she'll get a little more cuddly soon for you.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...