Thread: Carnival

Carnival

This weekend it is carnival here. From last Thursday to next Tuesday, there are lots of parties everywhere and especially tomorrow and the day after people will be on the streets in masks. I hope to get some pix on Tuesday of the swamp demons that run around here in goat's fur and wooden masks. However it may be dangerous because they paint your nose green if they catch you.
    Filou and Tigris had quite a tame carnival party but they thought maybe next year they'll invite more kitties here.

Oooooooooooo Barbara , I am looking for ages now for a tent like this ! It is eather to small or not the soft material ! Was it an expensive one ??
    I don't like carnaval very much ; is a bit silly to me ..

The tent was not expensive, about 8 Euro. But I bought it at a cat show so I have no idea where I could get one from.

OneNew Year's Eve my husband and I went to a hotel party in Milwaukee. We got bored at the hotel party so we wandered around looking for one that was more fun. We went in one that was a German group that puts on a pre-Lental carnival in Milwaukee. They were in costumes and having so much fun! There was a competition for King and Queen. We joined in and danced and danced and danced.

I knew of the Mardi Gras in New Orleans but had never known of it as a German custom. I would love to see the real carnival!