Thread: Door Scratching

Door Scratching

Every night latly my cat Sadie has been scratching my door which is wide open.I've been takeng her into bed with me she'll sleep with me for a while leave and start again its keeping me awake at night.Does anyone no how to stop it PLEASE help I'll love any advice.
    Emily

Hi QT,

Bastet has taken to rubbing her nose against the doors too! I don't know why but maybe spraying the door with vinegar or citric acid which cats hate the smell of - will deter her from doing it.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Hello! I have never expierienced that with my cats, but it is possible she wants attention I'm not sure though. You might want to keep her bed in your room, then she might stop. My cousin has a cat and it follows her everywhere, and even when she is in the bathroom she sticks her paws under the door! That might be the case. My cousin says that her cat sleeps in her room every night because it is so attached to her. Could be the case, but I'm not sure because I've never expierienced that. hope it helps!

-Bastet27
    Not having a cat is like not having a life

Q.T., Have you provided an adequate scratching post for your kitty? Also, you didn't mention if Sadie meows at night. Do you leave food and water out for her at night, and is she an only cat? Like it has been stated, I think that it could be a sign that she feels as though she is not getting enough attention.

My Cookie and Blue-Czarina, both take turns in meowing in the middle of the night, and sometimes when I am watching TV during the day. I have to call to them and have them come to me on the couch. Also, it is sometimes caused by either of them being hungry, and wanting special kitten chow to eat instead of the regular food that I leave out for all of my furkids.

............wayne0214

We use "Sticky Paws" where the cats scratch where they aren't allowed to. (They like the corners of carpet.)

It is clear and removable and shouldn't damage paint. We get it at PetSmart.

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

hmm.. i would say try the sticky paw things, or vinegar on the door... but you mainly gotta figure out what makes her do it..lonely? hungry? etc...

My cats only do this when the doors are closed and they want in.. And now i don't have to let them in either... Eliza will actually OPEN the door (and we have full knobs, not a pull down handle) and let them all in LOL thank goodness for bathroom locks!

Sadie sleeps with me and is spoiled and has2 friend who live with her.
    Emily