View Poll Results: Will Animals be in heaven?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 2.50%
  • Yes

39 97.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are our pets in heaven?

Are our pets in heaven?

Don't mean to start anything, and if you don't agree with this please just go to the next thread. Please no nasty comments!

We are having a debate in science class about weither or not *OUR* pets are in heaven. The other topic is are animals in heaven, not our pets but animals in genral. I need bible scriptures in order to prove this, since I go to a private Christian school and everything is based on the bible this debate will be to. In the bible it does say that god will come down on a white horse during the second coming, but that could be sybolic rather then a real horse. So, does anyone have any verses that says they are, or coudl you please give you resons Why or Why not you beleave animals will be in heaven.

Thanx a bunch!
    Ash

******I will be printing this out and shareing it with my class. If you do not want your post read aloud please tell me and I will be more then happy to not read it******
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 02-27-2003 at 10:17 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I guess there would have to evidence of heaven existing for me to believe that animals get there. If heaven does exist, I have no doubt that animals will be there.

Of course they are there. What would heaven be WITHOUT animals? Don't have any Scriptures to support it, but happiness and animals go hand-in-paw for me, and did for my Mom and many now-deceased family members. If a house isn't a home without a pet to someone, how could they spend eternity without one? I'm sure Ma's in heaven spoiling lotsa animals right now!

I believe they will be there. I was reading When Christ Comes by Max Lucado and there was a scripture quoted that talked about all types of animals being in heaven. I'll check later and give you the exact location of it.

I feel our pets will be there...of course.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

There is a verse somewhere in scripture about heaven where it says the lion will lay down with the lamb. I know some people take that to be symbolic, meaning peaceful, but I choose the literal translation. I do believe in my heart (just my own thoughts) that since heaven is a beautiful, joyous, happy place and people derived so much happiness from their pets here on earth it certainly would be natural to think they are also in heaven.

Found it:
    Isiah 65:25
    The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
    but dust will be the serpent's food.
    They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,"
    says the LORD .

The "title" of this section in this chapter is New Heavens and a New Earth....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I was just wondering, could you please state weither they are our pets who are alive now or just animals who live in heaven? I hope you don't mind I will be printing this out and shareing it, I'm am one of the main debaters and the understudie if the main dabater is not there.

Thanx a bunch! your answers were great and so well put!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I belive they will. God loves us so much and wants us to have the desires of our hearts. .... so If we wanted our pets with us... (through Christ all things are possible) I believe God would definatelly let it happen.

I also got some emails with some scriptures about this subject... unless they see this thread and post them.. I will have to dig them out...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I don't think we can really determine which animals would or would not have a soul. How would you go about doing that? If heaven exists, wouldn't God want all of his creatures with him, regardless of size or function?

originally posted by soledad
    I don't think we can really determine which animals would or would not have a soul. How would you go about doing that? If heaven exists, wouldn't God want all of his creatures with him, regardless of size or function?
    If I had my way... ALL the animals would go to heaven... I mean why not.. I know it has to be big enough... and they have it so hard here on Earth.. they deserve eternal happiness too!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I don't see why some animals would be and others not. So, I think, if animals are in heaven, our pets would be also.

Obviously I don't know, but I like to believe we will be with our pets in heaven.

I know my animals are in heaven. I'll share my story so you have my "proof"

My cat Cleady went missing for about 4 days. We didn't know what happened or anything, but the night he went missing there was a HUGE rainfall. Eventually we had to accept that he probably had been caught by a coyote (he had arthritis) and there was no fur or evidence because of the rain.

The night we finally decided to accept that he was really gone, I was so upset. I didn't feel like it was certain, because I had no proof. That night when I went to bed, I was almost asleep, and I heard purring. Our other cat was downstairs in his room, and I knew the door was shut, so I figured it was my imagination. As I was laying there, I heard it again. I sat up and looked around the room to see if Krinkles (the other cat) was in there. I even called his name. He wasn't there, so I layed down again, and rolled over. As I rolled over, I moved my leg and I felt a lump at the end of the bed, like there was something heavy on the bed. Then I heard purring again. I looked at the end of the bed, but nothing was there. I thought, I'm really loosing it, but I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep. I moved my leg again, and I felt the same lump. There was nothing on the bed, but as I moved my leg back and forth, back and forth, I felt this lump in the same spot every time. The whole time, I heard purring. Now, this spot on the bed was Cleady's spot. He layed there as I talked to him every day after school about my day, he listened as I practiced my homework, and when he was allowed, that's where he slept all night. I whispered, "Cleady?" and the purring and the lump went away.

That night I dreamed that Cleady was running through a field of flowers - every colour imaginable - chasing butterflies. The sun was SO bright the sky looked white and glowing. In the dream Cleady was purring and his arthritis was gone.

I woke the next morning with tears all over my pillow, but feeling more at peace than I ever had before. I KNOW Cleady was there that night, letting me know that he was ok and had made it into heaven no problems. I know some people won't believe me about this, but I know what happened. I was NOT asleep when I heard the purring and felt the lump on my bed.. and I know it was Cleady telling me he was at peace.

I don't know if you can find evidence on this, but I believe there will be animals in heaven. I know there will be animals, but I don't know if they will be the same animals we have here on earth, or other just heaven animals. I do believe that God grants His servants anything they wish for in heaven, so if I go to heaven (and I pray that I do ) I will ask God to grant my wish in having my pets there with me, if they are not already there. I hope our pets will be in heaven. And I truely believe they may be there.

Heaven would not be heaven for me if there were no animals.

Naomi,

I am a true believer. And I believe that Cleady WAS there with you.

My story happened after my father passed away. Because he was found dead in his apartment, I never had a chance to say goodbye.

My father smoked little stogies (cigars). I was very close to him and could tell him anything. When he passed away, I was devastated. He was my best friend.

One night I was sound asleep. Let me tell you first that no one in my apartment building smoked (it was a non-smoking bldg). I got the faint smell of a cigar and sat bolt upright in bed. It woke me up out of a sound sleep! I believe that my Dad was there. It happened again about 6 months later. Only this time I was in the bathroom! I believe that our loved ones (including our pets) spirits do come to visit to let us know that everything is all right.

Naomi, I do believe your story. And I hope that it has brought you peace knowing that Cleady is in a better place, healthy and happy with no pain.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!