Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRRR @ two things in the news

and Jody says to mr french: why can't I call you that anymore?
    and uncle Bill now must yell "freedom!" instead of "french!"

and the episode of Seinfeld, about the soup nazi, comes true in another type of store... you french? german? OUT!! you get out, no pizza for you!

as for the stuffy politican, I think he is really ruining the neighborhood for all the self-respecting homeless people!
    they need to get rid of him, put him on a freight train out of town!

and does this mean I can't have german chocolate cake anymore?
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 03-01-2003 at 05:25 PM.

Lut,
    That's exactly what I told my mom! In France they are called frites anyway....silly Americans!

I was watching something on the "Food Network" and they showed those glorious fries! Yum!! I love how they are served at a table in thier own dish, served and eaten with a fork. Very cool.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I happen to detest panhandlers...i have been harassed and even threatened by them more times than I can count. Some of them around here make more money than I do, and they are on welfare to boot. They are a nuisance to those of us just trying to get to and from work.
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

4. Richard,,,

Please be assued that neither my mother nor I left any debris behind after participating in a war protest march.

I wish the same could be said for some of those who watch/participate in the St. Patrick's Day Parade, 4th of July Parade, etc.

I wish the same could be said for some of those who watch/participate in the St. Patrick's Day Parade, 4th of July Parade, etc.
    *Giggle*

Originally posted by RICHARD

see, the french are trying to cash in on your culinary excellence,
    scoundrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, look it up ==> http://csmweb2.emcweb.com/durable/2000/05/02/p18s1.htm

tater tots??????
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Richard,,,

Please be assued that neither my mother nor I left any debris behind after participating in a war protest march.

correct,

now what about the rest of the folks, especially the ones in lost angeles???

pat yourself on the back......

now let's try and get the america's cup back from those nasty swiss, who took it away from.......forget it.....lol!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Hmmm...interesting how the America's Cup got into all of this. I'm so glad the Swiss got it!! Who cares about rich guys sailing?

Edwina, didn't you know that anti-war protesters are supposed to be completely free of any fault and near saint like beings? Other wise you're just a pack of flower-picking pinko commie left wing nuts. You and your mother!

Perhaps the pro-war marchers were much cleaner, after all, there were only 150 of them.
    Last edited by Soledad; 03-03-2003 at 03:26 PM.

Originally posted by lut
    The name "French" fries is already wrong in the first place !!! The French have NO idea how to bake good fries ! They cut a potatoe in 4 pieces and fry it !!
    We Belgians , are the real inventors of the fries !! I bet that if there were a contest in baking fries , you would all choose for mine ! Everybody agrees that I am an expert ! If you are still doubting , come on over , and I will bake ye the best fries you had in your entire life !!! With home-made mayonnaise
    I'm on my way over!! You need some PINK SAUCE to dip those fries in though!!!

Originally posted by lut
    The name "French" fries is already wrong in the first place !!! The French have NO idea how to bake good fries ! They cut a potatoe in 4 pieces and fry it !!
    We Belgians , are the real inventors of the fries !! I bet that if there were a contest in baking fries , you would all choose for mine ! Everybody agrees that I am an expert ! If you are still doubting , come on over , and I will bake ye the best fries you had in your entire life !!! With home-made mayonnaise
    Surely, you will make some for me, won't you? You're making me hungry! I'm on my way to eat some of your yummy fries!

wolf_Q: pink sauce with the fries? (And of course they must be Belgian): Sharp mustard for me!

Soledad: My best friends are a NZ/Swiss couple. I've already mailed them whether their marriage will survive the America's cup -no answer yet

The first thing you need is an electric fry-pan ! It is hard to find in other countries ! During our 2-years stay in St.Louis , I missed it so much ! I couldn't take my own with me , because electricity is different in the USA ( the "hertz" too!) . I had a transformer and used this on my Belgian mixer , but it broke after 3 uses !!
    Can you guess what I ate first on the day we returned to Belgium ???
    But for anybody who has access to such a fryer , this is my secret :

First peel the potatoes . Then dry them in a towel!!!
    Cut the potatoe in layers of about 1 cm thick
    Then make fries of about 1cm again ;
    These must all be put in a kitchen towel and dired very well !!! Is VERY important . If you don't do this , they will all stick together!!

Then you bake the fries (not to many at one time!!) in oil of about 130°C for about 3 to 4 minutes .OH yes , that fryer of us contains about 3,5 liter of oil . They may NOT turn golden yet!!

Let them drip dry

Bake them again in oil at 180°C untill they turn golden brown . Drip dry on kitchen-paper and serve !!

YUMMIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We eat it with a good steak!!
    I will take pics of the whole procedure next time I bake fries !! Promise !!

Pix of the fries would be an offense again human rights
    Because we cannot smell or eat them

But the recipe is the right one. The tricks are the drying and the 2 turns. My mom makes them the same way and sometimes when I visit my parents I pre-order them......