Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Couch Debate

The Great Couch Debate

Where do your dogs sit?
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

They can only get on the couch if invited up. Other wise, their beds by the fire.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

mickey isn't allowed on furniture until he gets over his teething and chewing. he is allowed up only if he is on someone's legs. he has a bed in the livingroom.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Carina discovered the joys of the couch the very same day she came home, she was six months old at the time, when I took this picture.Now her favorite place is my bed, but I have to tell her it's alright to come up every night. Other than that, she has beds of her own all over the house.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Anyplace they want. The couch, the back of the couch, the rocker-recliner, the back of the rocker-recliner. The beds, their otherwise useless beds, on the desk when I'm online sometimes. Oh, and the worst part? Chester has his own lawnchair for suntanning. We've covered it in fabric so the plastic doesn't get hot!! LOL!!
    Boy, do they have me trained or what???

One of the most interesting things I've noticed here on PT is how many couches are covered in blankets, sheets etc.

Pepper is little and doesn't shed much.
    Pepper is allowed on the furniture and beds.
    Rocky and Sheba are not allowed on the furniture.
    At one time, I use to let Sheba sleep on the bed, but I put a stop to it, because she sheds to much and also took
    up to much room.

----<---<--<{(@

Just look at my sig We started out, no dogs on furniture. Then it once chair only. Then it was okay for Sadie to be on the couch if she was snuggling. Then it was the living room, but not bedroom. By the time we got Cincy, it is fair game, dogs can go where ever they want, people are lucky to NOt be on the florr They aren't allowed on the furniture at Grandma's (Ralph's mom's) though, and they don't even try to get on it.

timber likes to sit in chairs...she thinks shes a person lol
    I've been BOO'd!

All our pets, even when I was a kid, have always been allowed on all furniture and have always slept with us....Louie has a couple of beds throughout the house, but of course he only sleeps in them when his Kitties will let him.

My dogs can go wherever they want. They sleep in bed with me under the covers and (hehe) they usually steal the couch and I'm left to curl up in the dog bed !!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

The green chair

Funny that you should bring this question up today. This is the dogs favorite chair in the house. It is also my favorite chair. Let it be said that due to this chair having 2 - 3 beings on it day in and day out for quite a few years, I had to acknowledge that it was getting rather ratty looking. We stopped in at the Lazy Boy Gallery today just to walk around and ended up ordering not one but two new chairs. They will be a slightly different style and won't be able to accommodate 2 dogs and me at the same time. Someone will be in for a rude awakening.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

We bought a futon just for the dogs. That way I can just throw the cover in the wash once a week or so. They aren't allowed in the bedroom or on the bed.
    ~Kat

ended up ordering not one but two new chairs. They will be a slightly different style and won't be able to accommodate 2 dogs and me at the same time. Someone will be in for a rude awakening

So I guess that means you bought one for you and one for them
    Tucker and Hanna are very cute I Never saw a cocker I didn't love. Tucker your a doll

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

What a cute picture Rachel!!!!
    Our dogs are not allowed on the furniture, since we just bought it--I'm sure the rule will slide eventually, as they are allowed up if they are on one of our laps--if it were entirely up to me, they would be there all the time, but we compromise--they can go on the bed, but not the couch or chair!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

These pictures are all so cute!

This is not a couch picture but it points out that they pretty much sit/lay wherever they want. This is one of the few pictures that I have where most of my furkids were snoozing in a little clump. Of course by the time I got the camera out they woke up and started moving around. Heaven only knows where Andy was. One of these days I'll get the 4 of them together in the same place . (hopefully).