Thread: Wimpering !!!!!

Wimpering !!!!!

I have a dog she is a Lab/ Golden retriever Mix her name is Missy she was born March 15, 2003. We got her May 1, 2003 and lately she has been walking around the house wimpering and sometimes when she hides up under the couch and when she is playing she wimpers is this normal or is there something wrong with her? Can someone help me with this??

Has she been to the vet since you got her? It sounds like there could be something wrong, unless she's trying to tell you something. Max wimpers when he wants to go outside, for example. But if she's wimpering all the time and hiding under things, she might be having pain.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

well we havent taken her to the vet yet , she plays all day she is fine and just sometimes out the blues she comeout and start wimpering . when she is under the couch she does it but i think its when she is sleeping under there other than she likes to sleep in the bathroom.... Could she be trying to tell me she hungry when she is in there wimpering?

Do you mean you haven't taken her to the vet yet since you've had her?? If that's the case, definitely make her an appointment ASAP--puppies need shots and care when they are very young, and there could be something wrong with her.
    Otherwise, take note of how often she is wimpering--what makes her stop?? Does she stop if you feed her, or take her out? Or if you just hold her? Maybe she was taken from her mother too early?
    Make an appointment with the vet, just to rule out anything medical.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I agree - if she hasn't had her first vet appointment yet, it's time for her to have an exam.

She shouldn't be wimpering from being hungry, as long as you're feeding her appropriately (follow the instructions on the bag). If she's just a puppy, maybe she's scared or wants attention. Does she stop when you hold her?

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

I agree w/ the above. A vet appt is needed and also keep note of what makes her wimper & what makes her stop. This is not normal. It may be behavioral or medical. Keep us posted please!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

When I hold her yes she stops wimpering her , she eats all the time so it cant be her eatting . and she has had her first around of shot so its not that.

If she was born March 15, that makes her about 2 months old which is still pretty young and especially if you have only had her since May 1, she probably is still missing her mother and siblings. I think her whimpering is more from wanting or needing attention, ie. to be held and hugged and reassured that someone cares about her.

Do you have a bed for her? She may need a place of her own, where she can go and feel warm and secure. Most puppies like to have a place to nestle up in. A rug of her own, a blanket and maybe a stuffed toy or something she can snuggle up to might do the trick.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Yes Missy has her own blanket and stuffed toy and other toy but she has a toy she sleeps with sometime ( At Night) She like to sleep by the toilet in the bathroom ....she is a very sweet girl ... I think I have figured it out the Wimpering b/c she is getting to were she comes and sits by me feet and does so i pick her up and hold her pet her let lay with me .....

First to be on the safe side I would get another vet exam done just to rule out any medical problems. Wow if that is her correct b-day & the right day when you got her she was way too young to be taken away fro her mom & siblings & that is probably the cause of her whinning so much. Second IF in fact her cause of whinning is for attention I would not ever comfort her while she is whimpering as that only incourages that behavior. I would wait until she stops or distract her then comfort her. Otherwise she will probably start to whine even more & more. I would get her enrolled in some puppy classes too, it will help a lot. The best of luck to you & your new addition!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.