Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busy Weekend For Nakita!!

Busy Weekend For Nakita!!

This past weekend I started leash training Nakita. I have to start since we'll be going to my cottage this summer and I want to take her on walks.

She was a little trooper. Here's some pictures.

And to reward her for her efforts, I gave her a new toy. Oh boy, a feather on a stick! Actually, it has a suction cup on the end that is suppose to mount on a table. I've never seen Nakita get sooo excited about a toy...it was almost scary! Once I put it on the table she took one lunge and pulled it off!! And then ran around the house with the stick dragging behind her!!

Look at what her eyes are saying: Give it to me, it's mine!!!

Then I put the toy away since I had to start supper. Look at her face in this pic.......

Give me back the toy!!!

Now I've spoiled her. She won't use any of the free toys anymore. You know, the bottle caps, the dreaded black shoelace...etc.

I've created a monster!!!!

Last edited by Russian Blue; 02-18-2003 at 12:49 PM.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

She really is the cutest kitty!!!! I melt looking into her eyes!! More more more pics!!!!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

what a cutie.. I have always found that cats hate collors and leashes.. except for playing with them
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I love seeing pictures of Nakita. Please post more soon.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I must have this face !!!!

Please do me a favor though, check the underside of the plastic part of that harness for rough edges. A cutomer of mine had a harness like that on her doxie and there was a piece rubbing his back raw, and she was not even aware of it at first.

Nakita you are the sweetest!

If she's like Filou then she will continue to love the other toys too. He is crazy about these feathersticks but a week ago his favorite was a red shoelace

She looks so cute and businesslike in that little harness!

The toy - that is a Hartz Wacky Cat, right? That is Hanna's favorite. I cut the little part of right above the last bead (and toss the stick and elastic) and use it for Hanna to fetch. The bell made it heavy enough it would sail just right, the perfect fetching toy. For some reason the smell of the plastic they use for the rubber suction cup was really offensive to me, it was really strong smelling.

Oh my gosh! Its Basil with beautiful gray fur!!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Please do me a favor though, check the underside of the plastic part of that harness for rough edges. A cutomer of mine had a harness like that on her doxie and there was a piece rubbing his back raw, and she was not even aware of it at first.
    Don't worry, I already checked for this when I was in the store buying it! I know all to well about plastic rough edges, sandles to it to me every summer!

Originally posted by boscibo
    The toy - that is a Hartz Wacky Cat, right? That is Hanna's favorite. I cut the little part of right above the last bead (and toss the stick and elastic) and use it for Hanna to fetch.
    Yeah, that's the one!

Actually, I can't let Nakita play with that toy by herself. She would eat the feather! I'll have to find something that is more durable and not as easily eaten!

Once Nakita gets the feathered part in her mouth, the two of them become inseparable!! It always looks like she's drugged when she's playing with that thing.

I wasn't even going to buy this because I didn't think she would be interested in it! What do I know?

She's so adorable. Please post more pictures of her.

Nakita is such a beautiful kitten !! I adore her furr & colour !!

In this picture , she looks like a real gymnast ! Get her ready for the next cat-olympics , he he !!

Nakita is gorgeous.. I love that last pic where she is climbing your leg... more! more! more! pics please!!!

Originally posted by lut
    ... she looks like a real gymnast ! Get her ready for the next cat-olympics , he he !!
    Actually Nakita has been making a new gymnastic routine. She does a sort of forward flip off her scratching post!! It's quite funny and now she does it all the time!

Who knows, maybe there should be a cat olympics!!

Thanks for all your kind replies everyone!

What can I say more? All the words have been said.
    I recognize that face in the picture she's climbing your leg. Juni is addicted to fetching. She would do anything to play a little more.