Thread: My New Chihuahua is a Marking Fool!

My New Chihuahua is a Marking Fool!

Hi, Pet Talk Members. I have a cat, 14 years old (not a misprint) named Fluffy; and I have three dogs, a female Rottie-Blue Heeler mix, 4 years old and named Evita; a female Chihuahua, 6 months old and named Sophie; and a male Chihuahua we are calling Scooter-Pie. We found Scooter-Pie dumped on the side of the road this past weekend so we adopted him. Our guess is that he is a year old, maybe a little less. He is a full male. It is obvious that he had lived a house. We also suspect that he had been hit for any time a man raises his hand above Scooter-Pie's head, the dog goes into extreme submission-mode. It will take a long time to gain his trust, I know. In any case, he has fit in well with the other dogs and with the crabby old cat (so far), but this little boy has to mark everything in sight! It doesn't matter so much in the back yard but in the house, it the first thing he does after greeting us! EEEEEWWWW! Is this insecurity? a "boy thing?" or what? I know he's probably been through a lot in his short life. How can I break him of this behavior without terrorizing him?

Kito was a marking fool when we first got him--after he was neutered, he stopped marking so much, but once in a while he still does it.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Has he been neutered? Sometimes that will make all the difference.

That is probibly the reson why he was dumped

People are so ignerant.. Anyways Yes is her neuterd?/ He is marking his territory. If he is neuterd he will not do this inside with basic trianing.. We had a dachund tha was'nt nuetered and he would pee inside all the time and it was impossible to train him.. You have to get him neutered.. good luck with your new puppy
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven